• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cahacter-Driven Story Ideas

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
As a creative writing project in my AP comp class I have to construct a character from scratch and write a story about him.

I thought it'd be a good idea to ask ya'll. I'd like to capture a certain archetype of personality to make the story solid.

Any ideas for character? I'm looking for like sex, social status, problems, quarks, background, and anything that can build a realistic person who will later be thrown into a situation I create.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Cool, just another one of my shitty threads that doesn't go anywhere.

Thanks a freaking lot, people.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Cool, just another one of my shitty threads that doesn't go anywhere.

Thanks a freaking lot, people.

So you need to construct a background for this individual.
How about

Oldest of three sons. Father is a soybean farmer in Iowa. Sadist. Treats his boys like slaves. Mother dies when the boy is 12.
The boy is really smart, studies a lot in school, graduates at 15 years old.
Enters grad school when the draft starts. He goes to war to try and be worthy to his dad. Kills many innocent people, including children. Has nightmares about it. Cannot cope. Drinks heavily. is criticised by his younger brother for his acts. They fight. He strikes his brother's son, realizes that he is a reflection of the rage of his own father, which came from his father...
I see him as an intp. Very logical, but with a core of rage against the injustice he experienced at the hands of his father. He can barely control this, especially when he drinks, which is all of the time now. He has few social skills, but hungers for companionship where he is loved for himself, not for what he knows.

Your turn...

MBTI Type
INTP
Did you notice the title of your thread?

I read it as 'catheter-driven story ideas'...

But yeah...how about a thirteen year old boy and thirty-something year old man who fall in love and foolishly decide not to conceal their mutual fondness, and are subsequently forced to run the fatal gauntlet of amerikan family morals before they even get a chance to consummate their affections. Tons of potential for good ole fashioned lynch-esque vigilantism and other gratuitous bloodshed fueled by righteous indignation.

Alternately, you could risk ending up swinging from the nearest poplar tree yourself and give the protagonists hero/martyr status. America is long overdue for a slap in the face of this sort and it would win you posthumous international acclaim.

But something tells me you don't have the fortitude to complete the assignment. One hour? You waited one whole hour before giving up on this thread? That's pathetic...