• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

WORLD CUP 2010

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
West Ham supporters hate Arsenal. Arsenal supporters probably don't care that much about West Ham: those that have to go to work or school in London though, do enjoy seeing West Ham lose. If you live int he US, pretty much up to the individual, because I doubt you're going to meet many West Ham fans. :D

@ Pure Mercury - if USA win the group I'll change my signature to an Ayn Rand quote of your choice, for a month.

I am not a big Rand fan, and most Objectivists I know are either assholes or dorks. No offense, Obbies. ;) Can we make it Milton Friedman?

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I am not a big Rand fan, and most Objectivists I know are either assholes or dorks. No offense, Obbies. ;) Can we make it Milton Friedman?

He was much more intelligent than Rand, so yes, fair enough. :p

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Slovakia 1 - 1 New Zealand

:woot::banana::happy0065:

Our first ever championship point at a World Cup! So much for being the worst team there!

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Diego was/is no more of a cheat than any other football player.

He is/was among the dirtier players I've watched. Even ignoring the Hand of God, his dives are legendary world-over, not just in Britain.

lowtech redneck said:
Soccer: the only thing that makes recreational jingoism too boring for us.
:laugh:

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
He is/was among the dirtier players I've watched. Even ignoring the Hand of God, his dives are legendary world-over, not just in Britain.

Like Ronaldo, Owen, Klinsmann, and about 2 or 3 players from every club in the world who most people never heard of. :tongue:

Don't take my word for it though. Jimmy Greaves admitted most footballers would have done the same thing as Maradona in 1986 if they could get away with it. So did Peter Crouch.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Like Ronaldo, Owen, Klinsmann, and about 2 or 3 players from every club in the world who most people never heard of. :tongue:

Don't take my word for it though. Jimmy Greaves admitted most footballers would have done the same thing as Maradona in 1986 if they could get away with it. So did Peter Crouch.

I don't take any of those guys' word for it. The 1986 games were before my time, though; I only know the Maradona of the 90s. Let's say his feats prompted a mixture of amazement and amusement. He seemed very talented at both football soccer and shenanigans. Others may try a thing or two, but he dived and handballed in style.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He seemed very talented at both football soccer and shenanigans. Others may try a thing or two, but he dived and handballed in style.

Remember, Maradona stated that it was "The hand of God" that assisted him. :laugh:

2.jpg

Definitely a character! :happy:

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Slovakia 1 - 1 New Zealand

:woot::banana::happy0065:

Our first ever championship point at a World Cup! So much for being the worst team there!

No, you're definitely not the worst team here, North Korea is and they will lose by at least 10 goals today.

Like Ronaldo,.

I think he should pay a fine of at least several million EUROS for his constant diving.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
No, you're definitely not the worst team here, North Korea is and they will lose by at least 10 goals today.

Please stop this nonsense.

The North Korean players are probably the msot down to earth in the whole tournament. They train in municipal gyms in South Africa, the only team to do so.

I wish them all the best and so do many South Koreans, the supposed "victims" of N.Korean "belligerence" (including Ji Sung Park, who said so).

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The North Korean players are probably the msot down to earth in the whole tournament. They train in municipal gyms in South Africa, the only team to do so. ).

Are you really so naive as to think that the politics of the game have anything to do with the players or their supporters? Kim takes all the credit for every good things that happens to North Korea, just like Christians always thank God for their fortunes.

Watch this video starting at 3:00. Notice that a foreign doctor restored the eye-sight of one thousand North Koreans and every single one of them stood up and praised Kim. Some even pledged allegiance to the dear leader by vowing to kill Americans.

YouTube - Documentary: Inside Undercover In North Korea 5 of 5

I wish them all the best and so do many South Koreans, the supposed "victims" of N.Korean "belligerence" (including Ji Sung Park, who said so).

I wish the best to the players and the supporters of North Korea, but not to the country's totalitarian regime. Unfortunately I cannot support the North Korean players because they will probably give all of their credit to their dear leader.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I don't take any of those guys' word for it. The 1986 games were before my time, though; I only know the Maradona of the 90s. Let's say his feats prompted a mixture of amazement and amusement. He seemed very talented at both football soccer and shenanigans. Others may try a thing or two, but he dived and handballed in style.

Love your sig. :) And Maradona is starting to look like The Most Interesting Obese Man in the World. "I don't always drink beer. . . wait, who am I kidding? I ALWAYS drink beer!"

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I don't want to jinx North Korea (although it's maybe the worst country in the world), but they don't look too bad so far. . . 0-0 at the half.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
A draw for Portugal...I couldn't believe what I saw from the game (first half, since I was working)....they were so nervous it was quite sad.