• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

WORLD CUP 2010

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Also, they need to ban the hell out of those ridiculous horns/vuvuzelas. Part of the reason I love these matches is because the crowd chanting, singing and noise, is wonderful to listen to but this crap just makes the broadcast sound like it's covered in bees.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Better yet, they could just turn the mics off altogether; either have it completely silent or play some nice atmospheric music. Who needs to hear the commentators ranting inanely on on when we can see what's happening perfectly well, and apparently a lot better than they can? :devil:

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Can no longer handle the creepy levels of obsession of British media with Maradona and Argentina, to which literally hours of tv time are devoted every week.

I haven't been catching any of that in the U.S. What is the main idea that the British Media focuses on regarding Maradona and Argentina?

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
But here they are mainly obsessed with how he "cheated" them out of that game in 1986. And then the line is "but he was a great player". So then hours of "do we love him or hate him?" To which the answer is basically: "he is a greasy Argie cheat but was a great player".

Here they talk mostly about the drug stuff.

See what the World Cup does to people?:shock: you are lucky to not like football. ;)

This ad is great satire of that.

[YOUTUBE="4i_lAP2XxB4"]Rexona Sportfan[/YOUTUBE]

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Netherlands VS. Denmark should be a real exciting one today. Can't wait!!!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Netherlands VS. Denmark should be a real exciting one today. Can't wait!!!

It was quite dissappointing. :(

I was secretly hoping we (The Netherlands) would loose. If we don't make it out of the pool, I won't be confronted with this orange crap all the time, and don't have to talk about the same thing hour after hour, day after day, with everyone I meet. Which are a lot of people. :(

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I haven't been catching any of that in the U.S. What is the main idea that the British Media focuses on regarding Maradona and Argentina?

The "hand of God", the great goals, the 1986 game in general, the drugs, the weight problems, the rivalry, the Simeone "cheating", the penalty shoot-out 1998, the 2002 Beckham revenge, etc. ad nauseum.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
The "hand of God", the great goals, the 1986 game in general, the drugs, the weight problems, the rivalry, the Simeone "cheating", the penalty shoot-out 1998, the 2002 Beckham revenge, etc. ad nauseum.

Probably they wouldn't bang on about it half so much if they didn't have so much in the way of airtime/pages to fill. The media pathetically going round and round in circles "analysing" everything to death for lack of actual facts or intelligent commentary is the primary reason why I pretty much tend to avoid both TV and newspapers these days. This crap rots our brains!

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Probably they wouldn't bang on about it half so much if they didn't have so much in the way of airtime/pages to fill. The media pathetically going round and round in circles "analysing" everything to death for lack of actual facts or intelligent commentary is the primary reason why I pretty much tend to avoid both TV and newspapers these days. This crap rots our brains!

Yeah. but for my brother having it on all day, I would avoid that rubbish too.

MBTI Type
INTJ
This thread is an excellent excuse to post this hilarious clip illustrating the difference between how Americans see soccer and how the rest of the world sees it:

[youtube=noOHdTQd6H8]Soccer Comes To Springfield[/youtube]

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
This thread is an excellent excuse to post this hilarious clip illustrating the difference between how Americans see soccer and how the rest of the world sees it:

Not to mention that they do like to insist on calling it "Soccer" :)

MBTI Type
INTJ
Only in countries which don't have some other strange kind of "football" of their own, like yours and the Aussies!

:D

footballw.jpg

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Also, they need to ban the hell out of those ridiculous horns/vuvuzelas. Part of the reason I love these matches is because the crowd chanting, singing and noise, is wonderful to listen to but this crap just makes the broadcast sound like it's covered in bees.

"Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes."

-HP Lovecraft on the vuvuzela

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
lol. FINISH THEM! :spam_laser:
. . . and so they did, in style. 4-0. What a thrashing.

But here they are mainly obsessed with how he "cheated" them out of that game in 1986. And then the line is "but he was a great player". So then hours of "do we love him or hate him?" To which the answer is basically: "he is a greasy Argie cheat but was a great player".
And they're right.

In other reports . . .
I didn't expect Japan to beat cameroon, but Cameroon did not impress at all :boohoo: No dancing.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The [sneaky] Italians should have lost. I hope that more of them keep on falling without any contact with the opponents, feigning a pain-expressive grimace and getting up with an unsuccessful effort conceal a smirk (De Rossi in the first 10 minutes of the game) in these first 3 games so when they genuinely get injured in the knock-out stages, their opponents and referees will automatically assume that they are play-acting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
France13.gif
France13.gif
Allez les bleus, bordel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
France13.gif
France13.gif