• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

WORLD CUP 2010

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
England couldn't beat USA? That's a shocker. Aren't they a football power house?

I hope that England does get through. England has a better chance of winning future matches than USA. And providing more entertainment.

Yes, comedy-style entertainment.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Germany should have this game...

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
England couldn't beat USA? That's a shocker. Aren't they a football power house?

I hope that England does get through. England has a better chance of winning future matches than USA. And providing more entertainment.

Never underestimate the American team. They make excellent progress with each new year.
According to FIFA world rankings, the USA is number 14, while England is number 8. So they're quite close.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Italy's going to play its worst world cup ever.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
[Germany VS. Australia.]

4-0!

Schaph

MBTI Type
IxTx
Enneagram
5w6
*click*

Attention football fans.
I don't give a sht.
That is all.

*click*

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Can no longer handle the creepy levels of obsession of British media with Maradona and Argentina, to which literally hours of tv time are devoted every week.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Can no longer handle the creepy levels of obsession of British media with Maradona and Argentina, to which literally hours of tv time are devoted every week.

:hug: It´s the same thing around here.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
:hug: It´s the same thing around here.

But here they are mainly obsessed with how he "cheated" them out of that game in 1986. And then the line is "but he was a great player". So then hours of "do we love him or hate him?" To which the answer is basically: "he is a greasy Argie cheat but was a great player".

The psychological basis for this is "we really wish he was English". Kind of like when someone cosntantly denigrates a sexual partner they can't have, but then lapses back into fantasizing about their exotic qualities.

See what the World Cup does to people?:shock: you are lucky to not like football. ;)

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
541447australian-kangaroo-posters.jpg

just got served

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
We did indeed get served - I am glad I couldn't stay awake and taped it. I would have been really peeved not getting any sleep AND losing so badly!!

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I don't really think Cahill deserved to be sent off though. Plus you had a great chance early and just missed going up 1-0 before you could blink. Match might have been a bit different.

But Germany definitely looked in control. Can't wait for the matches tomorrow! Netherlands v Denmark in particular.

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
yes, the cahill decision was dicey...i set my alarm and got up for that match. at least it's a public holiday here today and i can recover.

"You can all see how upset I am," said Cahill. "I'm sorry to be like this. I don't usually cry but I'm just hurt. To have my World Cup shattered in that way is one of the worst things I have ever experienced. I have been through a lot of different things in football but nothing this painful and I have to admit it's hit me really hard.

"I don't have a clue what will happen now but what I can say for certain is that it's the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with as a footballer. Nothing comes close to this. It was my dream to play in my second World Cup and it was something so special for me to represent my country. To have it snatched away from me so quickly is a feeling I never want to experience again."

sometimes the beautiful game hurts.