• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

WORLD CUP 2010

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
France looks like a one-legged trainwreck

I thought they were just boring and unambitious, as were their opponents, though they had slightly more excuse. Clearly neither team wanted to risk losing to the other, so they just ended up going through the motions. Apparently it got better the last few minutes after Uruguay were down to ten men, but I'd long since given up in boredom. I don't think I've ever seen two strong international sides displaying such mutually leaden midfield inactivity before.

France didn't look so bad really though. If they'd pushed up more in attack instead of being so static and uncommitted to actually trying to do anything, they looked like they had enough skill to cause anyone problems. Finishing power is another matter, but that scarcely gets tested when you don't push more than two men into attacking positions against your opponents' 7 man defense very often.

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
Is Canada even in this thing?
Sorry for the n00b comment, not a big soccer/football fan. But I haven't heard anyone say anything about us so I'm curious. :laugh:

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I thought they were just boring and unambitious, as were their opponents, though they had slightly more excuse. Clearly neither team wanted to risk losing to the other, so they just ended up going through the motions. Apparently it got better the last few minutes after Uruguay were down to ten men, but I'd long since given up in boredom. I don't think I've ever seen two strong international sides displaying such mutually leaden midfield inactivity before.

France didn't look so bad really though. If they'd pushed up more in attack instead of being so static and uncommitted to actually trying to do anything, they looked like they had enough skill to cause anyone problems. Finishing power is another matter, but that scarcely gets tested when you don't push more than two men into attacking positions against your opponents' 7 man defense very often.

+1

You should tell that to Raymond Domenec'h.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Not a surprising start for France - they should do better eventually.

R

Riva

^ Good thing Maradona is their coach. He would have taught them a trick or two on cheating. ;)

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
^^^unfortunately not about defending though.

but it's not called "cheating" it's just called being "lively" :tongue:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I just learned I hate soccer.

Games that you can call by the first fifteen minutes are boring. Just make it a fifteen minute game, it wastes less of our lives.

P

Phantonym

I just learned I hate soccer.

Games that you can call by the first fifteen minutes are boring. Just make it a fifteen minute game, it wastes less of our lives.

Oh come on. What about the half time when the coach gives an awesome pep talk, the team is completely changed and the hero comes and saves the day and it's all exciting and stuff? Oh, wait, that only happens in movies. Yeah. Soccer, boo.

:laugh:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Oh come on. What about the half time when the coach gives an awesome pep talk, the team is completely changed and the hero comes and saves the day and it's all exciting and stuff? Oh, wait, that only happens in movies. Yeah. Soccer, boo.

:laugh:

In baseball there's always time to catch up, that's what makes it awesome. In Hockey, overtime is a godsend.

No, I'm not watching a game where "70% of winners are determined by who makes the score first", that's boring, I can waste my time doing something more fun.