• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

WORLD CUP 2010

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm excited. Are you? Predictions? Favourite teams? Anyone going to see it?

2010-world-cup-logo.jpg

I really don't care who wins as long as the dirty Italians don't. However, it seems that Brazil has a strong chance of making it to the finals and hope to see Argentina join them. Spain and Germany seem to be in a very strong form, they should do very well also and the U.S may make it out of the group stage this time, but probably won't go much further than that.

Beorn

Permabanned
I'll be supporting the US and England.

The first match will be a good test for the US. If they can hold England to a 0-0 tie or lose 0-1 I'll be happy.

Beorn

Permabanned
There is no such team, I can assure anyone who remains in ignorance of this :)

The international teams representing the British Isles are England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Wales, corresponding to the regions with a separate national identity. Furthermore, people generally do not support a team that represents another region merely because it is also British. Sporting rivalries here, which are essentially a patriotic expression of national identity, transcend international political boundaries.

What about the protestants in NI? They seem to be terribly proud of being british... does that translate into more support for england?

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
It's beginning to be the moment to tune yourself into the world of football. Why not do it with the help of following clip... it's awesome! Especially that goal by Maxi Rodriguez

[YOUTUBE="ta_la6vIaFc"]Top 10 goals of 2006[/YOUTUBE]

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
The matches are in work time here. 9 AM and 12 PM

I´m an F1 fan and don´t care much about Football, but my friends and I want Uruguay to qualify to the second round just because of all the people who promised that will go running naked in our main Avenue if that happens.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
What about the protestants in NI? They seem to be terribly proud of being british... does that translate into more support for england?

Good point... wouldn't surprise me actually, but then again I've never been there to find out. I'm sure football support, as so many other things, there operates on broadly sectarian principles...

D

Dali

mate, wtf were you thinkin?

just out of curiosity that is. ;)

Offered to me out of the blue by a colleague I wasn't even that close to. Set off a few alarms.

I'd rather be safe than sorry. (How un-SP-like is that? :blush:)

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
One day to kickoff!

So what do you think will be the most exciting group?

Group B I think can turn out really great. Group G has all the things to make some exciting matches.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I was hoping for Argentina to do well but seems like Maradonna is destroying their chances with the team hes picking.
Maradona was robbed at the Oscars, many times over. He deserves a lifetime achievement award for his efforts on the field.

I'm excited. Are you? Predictions? Favourite teams? Anyone going to see it?
I'd be a leeetle surprised if any semifinalists are not one of the usual suspects (Brazil, Italy, Argentina, Spain, Germany, England), though I hear Italy's not looking so hot. Of that bunch, I'll root for Deutschland, but put the odds on Brazil.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
Maradona was robbed at the Oscars, many times over. He deserves a lifetime achievement award for his efforts on the field.

I'd be a leeetle surprised if any semifinalists are not one of the usual suspects (Brazil, Italy, Argentina, Spain, Germany, England), though I hear Italy's not looking so hot. Of that bunch, I'll root for Deutschland, but put the odds on Brazil.

Yes exactly but not taking starters like Cambiasso and Lucho Gonzales with him in the argentinian squad is crazy. Im a big fan of Veron, but Pastore and Bolatti over the two I mentioned, its rediculous. Even if he prefers Mascherano over Cambiasso as a anchor man/defensive midfielder it would be nice to have the likes of a player of the quality of Cambiasso as a reserve.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Perhaps this is his way of helping karma kick his ass.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
28629_882700054860_925392_49313224_5560990_n.jpg

I'm fucking pumped. Go USA and Deutschland baby. Bummer Ballack is out though. Hopefully he can provide some leadership from the sidelines...the team is pretty young.

ESPN’s 2010 FIFA World Cup Murals | World Cup Buzz

This article has some great murals, I've seen some of them on the NYC subways. I was sick to my stomach and laid in bed staring at the ceiling for about an hour after Italy beat Germany last cup.

I think my favorite is the one for Switzerland, haha.

Switzerland.jpg

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Falcarius' predictions for the groups, winners and runner ups respectively;

Group A

Mexico
France

Group B

Argentina
Nigeria

Group C

England
United States

Group D

Germany
Serbia

Group E

Netherlands
Cameroon

Group F

Italy
Paraguay

Group G

Brazil
Portugal

Group H

Spain
Switzerland

Group D is the most random guess. Falcarius thinks Germany are over rated, but he thinks they will beat another team were the others will draw against each. That said, he kept telling everyone he did not rate Italy and they won it last time so what does he know?

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
[World Cup '10 begins!]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhM-cpSwrmM&feature=related"]FIFA World Cup '10 - Theme Song.[/YOUTUBE]

First match to commence in 9 hours!

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Brazil should make it, unless of course they meet their deadly nemesis, France.
But that's quite unlikely.

Most despised teams: Italy and England.

Most appreciated teams: Portugal and Cameroon.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am eager to watch Portugal - they're the best. I also have hopes for Brazil, but wish they don't mess up when gotten so far like they do. France are without Zidane, so can't really say for them.