User Tag List

Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 347482838485 LastLast

Thread: WORLD CUP 2010

Habitual Fi LineStepper Array JocktheMotie's Avatar

Oh hey, Germany lost to the eventual winners. Again.

Congrats Spain. I hope the bulls run you all over! But really, you guys deserved your WC win and your Academy Award.

I'm glad Spain won, I was supporting them in a bar in Kent of 95% Netherlands supporters (bloody non-London English I don't understand ya!). I think Netherlands would have been the worst (in terms of performances) and dirtiest world cup winners ever. Van Bommel, De Jong and Robben should also have been sent off.

So, congratulations to Spain.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Well, I thought Spain was the best playing team, while Netherlands had the best goal chances (twice Robben).

Netherlands committed more fouls, but Webb (the ref) was very trigger happy with the cards, more so on the Dutch side than Spain.

Senior Member Array burymecloser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Congrats Spain. I hope the bulls run you all over! But really, you guys deserved your WC win and your Academy Award.
    The latter more than the former. English ref should be beaten with dildos.

That kick to the chest was no joke, though. Dutch are lucky they didn't play most of the game with 10.

I wanted the Netherlands to win. 3 world cup finals and still fails to win. They surely deserve to win.

Tenured roisterer Array SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    I think Netherlands would have been the worst (in terms of performances) and dirtiest world cup winners ever.
    Dirtier than the Italians!? You've got to be kidding me.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog:

5w4 sp/sx

I was a little undecided about my loyalties at first, but as soon as the Dutch started playing dirty I joined the Spanish crowd around me.
    It´s funny though how loyalties are decided. There was a mixed Spanish-Nigerian couple among us. When the group went down the streets, cheering all the way, we came past two African guys resting on the top of their car in frustration who yelled back: "shit, man, we´re Dutch!" (with a noticeable Dutch accent) ... our Nigerian´s answer: "eh bien, moi je suis Edo!" (well, I´m Edo)
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

I was at Girona airport yesterday while a big crowd huddled around a little internet portal (they didn't have any TV screens there) to at least catch a glimpse of the game and you could hear every few minutes a big sigh coming from that direction.

I was on my way into the plane back home when I heard someone in the distance shout, "Goal! Goal!" and as soon as I sat down it was announced that Spain had won and the plane filled with Spaniards started cheering.

I was in Spain a few days beforehand when they beat Germany (booh!) and the Spaniards went absolutely crazy; honking, sitting on the roofs of cars, shouting, waving their flags etc so I don't even want to imagine what is going on there now.

The Referee did bad mistakes on both sides. De Jong should be sent off with a red card for his foul which someone showed in the animation on this page. So should be Iniesta for his revenge foul on Van Bommel, by rules it is a clear red card. Also the situation before the goal shouldn't occur because there should be an edge for Netherlands and not a goal kick for Spain.

There was more mistakes also, but that were the most important ones.

The Duchess of Oddity Array Queen Kat's Avatar

One of my colleagues didn't show up today because he was too traumatized by the Netherlands not winning the World Cup. According to others he was at home, crying. I'm curious how many people commited suicide after that match.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.