User Tag List

First 30707879808182 Last

Thread: WORLD CUP 2010

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

A first time World Cup winner coming up shortly, which makes a nice change! Especially when it's going to be one of the perenial underachievers of the major teams; both are about due to win something big. Alas, there can be only one winner!
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Holland faces Spain in the Final. Hope everyone enjoyed the World Cup.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    sniff

what a shitty game. Where was that team that kicked England´s and Argentina´s ass? Spain was definitely more in control and won fair and square. But I had hoped for a prettier, more exiting game. And my secret crush Özil was a bit of a disappointment as well.
    Oh well, at least my Spanish friends had a ball...
    The players were too nervous to win today. And of course Müller lacked as best offense player. He did more for offense than Özil, Podolski and Trochowski together, at least when it comes to dangerous situations. The others have more quantity than quality in their attacks (esp. Podolski, who played today weak again). With Kroos though we had one player who barely played in that tournament but clearly would have been better than Podolski, maybe also Özil.

When you are nervous like that then all passes go to the enemy like today. You cannot get control over the game like that, and attacks only get random. Therefore the loss was deserved, though I wonder whether we still wouldn't have a chance if we got that one free kick short before the penalty area or if Müller would play, since Spain was quite stupid in front of the goal and didn't use their chances.

I am so sad we again end up only as a "decent looser" who will, probably, end up as 3rd again in that world cup. 2002 we were 2nd, 2006 we were 3rd, 2008 we were 2nd, 2010 maybe 3rd. One time you want to win finally.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    I am so sad we again end up only as a "decent looser" who will, probably, end up as 3rd again in that world cup. 2002 we were 2nd, 2006 we were 3rd, 2008 we were 2nd, 2010 maybe 3rd. One time you want to win finally.
    I know, it´s sort of a deja-vu...
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ

YouTube - Celebracion seleccion española con Schweinsteiger

Schade Deutschland, alles ist vorbei!!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

^^ For a second there, I thought the guy chanting at the front of the line behind was a German. LOL.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka View Post
    YouTube - Celebracion seleccion española con Schweinsteiger

Schade Deutschland, alles ist vorbei!!
    That's quite bad behaviour. I would be ashamed if my team did that.

I was supporting Spain but I think Germany vs Netherlands would have been a better game for football, as Spain and the Netherlands have both played quite dull football IMO.

Germany played an amazing tournament and deserve to feel proud though.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by INA View Post
    Not quite as blistering as the spanking Germany delivered to Maradona, goalless Messi and company, but I'll take it.
    Messi created the chances for most of Argentina's goals, despite being given more attention by defenders than anyone else in the tournament. As much as Maradonna has entertained me though, I was hoping he would consider himself spanked hard enough not to try coaching next time, but it seems lots of his countrymen disagree and are for some bizarre reason trying to convince him to come back. The ideal scenario would be Messi, Aguero and the other young attacking players from this year giving it another go in 2014, which I guess is very likely, with Maradonna there as morale officer or something rather than manager. He seems to have inspired them, but not instructed them in any meaningful way, and not had a clue about defensive selection and formation.

I was very sad to see them go that early, then I forgave Germany just in time to be sad to see them lose today as well. I think Germany is the team that neutrals will remember most vividly from this year, for good reasons anyway. Commiserations to them.

I need a new not-England team to support for the final. Who is everyone else here getting behind?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

^^^ Don't worry bout that guy, he was just attempting to troll me for some unknown personal reason (but in the process ended up embarrassing himself making ridiculous claims which no-one who knows about football would respect).
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Spain was the better team that created more scoring chances and exercised better control of the game. The result was more than fair.
    Quite correct.

And I'm sure you'll agree that "Paul" the octopus was once more correct in his "predictions".