User Tag List

First 28687677787980 Last

Thread: WORLD CUP 2010

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post

I am gonna watch this tonight with 100.000 fans in our city center that gonna be a nude fight in the mud
    Haha, I wish! I'll be watching at work, freaking out my coworkers. 3-0 seems a bit confident. I'll say...2-1 Deutschland!

Podolski has actually been pissing me off though...I still think he doesn't really have the midfielder's touch and vision. He's really a second striker. Which is fine with me, but I often wish he'd just pass to someone else and try to make a run instead of trying to be a facilitator, because Schweinsteiger and Ozil are just so much better at it.

It is officially now the Europe Cup! Grrr....

:steam:

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    It is officially now the Europe Cup! Grrr....

:steam:
    It's a shame. But the South American teams can all hold their head high. Especially Uruguay and Paraguay.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    It's a shame. But the South American teams can all hold their head high..
    Not Brazil and Argentina, their performance was very disappointing according to their own and the South American standards.

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Especially Uruguay and Paraguay.
    They have done better than they were expected to.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Deutschland is gonna kick some Spaniard Scheisse!

*glued to TV*

Btw, tcda, Brazil was an embarrassment [and I say this as a long-time supporter of Brasilia]....Argentina lost horribly to Germany. So I dunno about all South American teams being proud of their FIFA 2010 accomplishments. Are you Latino by any chance?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

The defeat against Germany was deserved, but the performance was not so bad to deserve a 4-0, it's just that the players were shell shocked after the 2nd Germany goal and gave up. This wasn't through lack of passion, it was from too much passion. Many people in Argentina were proud of the team overall for showing the world some beutiful football.

I am not trying to take away from Germany at all. They fully deserve to make it to the final (though I am not saying they will).

Regarding Brazil, I am no Brazil supporter so it's not really my place to talk. Personally I think they played very good football and should be proud of that, but they just committed suicide against the Netherlands. Perhaps due to the pressue.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Argentina lost horribly to Germany.
    Although the score surely makes it seem so, I'd have to disagree. Argentina wasn't dominated by Germany in terms of possession or scoring chances. It was an even contest throughout the game. Germany won the game because they have taken advantage of their scoring chances and made fewer defensive mistakes. If this game was played in the group stage, the score likely would have remained at 1-0 because Germany scored the last 3 goals on counter-attacks. The Argentinians would not have attacked the German goal with such desperation in the late stages of the game had the game been in the group-stage rather than in the knock-out round. Germany simply took advantage of the weaknesses of Argentina's defense that resulted due to the team pushing too many men forward and because of that the 4-0 result exaggerates the quality of the German side. I don't think that their last 4-0 score is a reliable predictor of the result they will get against Spain today.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'm deathly afraid of Spain scoring first. Young team, deep into the tourney, not sure how they'd respond.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Although the score surely makes it seem so, I'd have to disagree. Argentina wasn't dominated by Germany in terms of possession or scoring chances. It was an even contest throughout the game. Germany won the game because they have taken advantage of their scoring chances and made fewer defensive mistakes. If this game was played in the group stage, the score likely would have remained at 1-0 because Germany scored the last 3 goals on counter-attacks. The Argentinians would not have attacked the German goal with such desperation in the late stages of the game had the game been in the group-stage rather than in the knock-out round. Germany simply took advantage of the weaknesses of Argentina's defense that resulted due to the team pushing too many men forward and because of that the 4-0 result exaggerates the quality of the German side. I don't think that their last 4-0 score is a reliable predictor of the result they will get against Spain today.
    I absolutely agree. 1-0 would have been a "fair" score, 1-1 wouldn't have been particularly suprising.

Brazil didn't play a bad game, either. First goal was auto-goal by Felipe Melo, second goal the man that should have been marked by Felipe Melo was left completely alone, then Felipe Melo almost purposefully got himself a red card. I would go as far as saying that it was one of the very few matches where a single player led a team towards losing. Of course, Netherlands played a relatively flawless game and thus "deserved" to win, yet Brazil's performance can't be compared to, say, Italy's or France's - those are teams that I would consider as embarassing to watch.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    1-1 wouldn't have been particularly suprising either.
    Yes, if Argentina played calmer and made fewer errors due to sloppiness and anxiety, they would have had a greater chance of equalizing the game.