First 27677576777879 Last

Thread: WORLD CUP 2010

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    or otherwise dope prices will spike outer-dimensionly for foreign german citizens
    Lol, you bet they will.

On the other hand, we might give it out for free if you lose. To help you deal with the trauma.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Congratulations to the netherlands, the played a good game. In a semi-final of a world cup its not really enought to have the better technical prowess to win, cause if a team gets this far the motivation is so high that they play beyond all expectations, so Uruguay fought till the last second.

I've a bad feeling that Spain will recover its talent and motivation they couldnt find all the cup long tomorrow :/. Nevertheless I hope we spank their asses too, but then Germany has to loose against Netherlands in the finals or otherwise dope prices will spike outer-dimensionly for foreign german citizens
    Whenever David Villa has the ball I'm not going to be able to breathe. Spain does have a habit of trying to be too perfect with their balls up the middle and pull off something beautiful, while ignoring the flanks. Like Argentina, their attackers are insanely creative and skilled, which is what you need to break the German system defense, but unlike Argentina Spain seems like they actually have tactics and defense. Although I haven't been following Spain terribly closely.

Missing Mueller is awful

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Well I was worried about jinxing them, but I can change my avatar now.

All the idiots who criticized him when he was at Man United (despite him having a very good ratio of goals to minutes played due to always starting ont he bench), must be re-assessing their footballing knowledge right now.

Also, I tip Spain tomorrow to cause a shock. :-0
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Fidel Castro thinks refs are biased against South America - Dirty Tackle - World Soccer

LOL

Fidel Castro is apparently still alive. And he's been watching the World Cup! According to Goal.com, he even has some views on the tournament that are exactly what you'd expect from the Puma jacket-wearing former Cuban leader:

"The vast majority of football fans do not even know what continent Uruguay is in but it seems to me that the referees are biased against the South American sides," Castro was quoted as saying by reporters.

So, wait, do the referees not know what continent Uruguay is in, either? If so, it sounds like that might be good news for Uruguay.

"It happened when Brazil lost to Holland, when all the decisions went against them and they were sent down to 10 men at a crucial time, which should never have been done."

I'm going to assume Fidel dozed off during the part of the match where Felipe Melo stomped on Arjen Robben's thigh while the Dutchman was laying on the ground.

"But a final now, between two European countries, will be as colorless and unhistorical as any since the sport was born in the world."

Well, if we're assuming that the Netherlands will advance to the final, you can't say it will be colorless. And if the Dutch and Spain end up playing each other, we'll be guaranteed a first-time winner. Not exactly "unhistorical."

Ginkgo

I say the world just needs to hold soccer tournaments in lieu of war. Also, we should use all of the capital that would normally be spent on war to make soccer balls instead. However, I think the dominance of different nations would be completely different, and this probably would not make me as a person very happy.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    I say the world just needs to hold soccer tournaments in lieu of war.
    You think this sublimination of intergroup competition into a less lethal form isn't what's happening already?

Note the England rivalry with Argentina and Germany, in view of (relatively) recent history, for example!

Also, we should use all of the capital that would normally be spent on war to make soccer balls pay the players instead, it would make waging war impossible for any nation if diverted from the defense budgets. However, I think the dominance of different nations would be completely different, and this probably would not make me as a person very happy.
    Fixed
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post

Fixed
    Poor soccer balls, I never knew thee. How defeat licks her lips at a battle that was never waged. *goes out back and mourns imaginary soccer ball KIAs*

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Poor soccer balls, I never knew thee. How defeat licks her lips at a battle that was never waged. *goes out back and mourns imaginary soccer ball KIAs*
    You just can't spend a whole defense budget on a few scraps of inflated leather. Not like you can on Ferrarris, mansions, clubbing and dining at the vulgar celeb hotspots, bling, supermodel arm candy, ghostwritten autobiographies, self-subsidised pop singles, etc. A few thousands of social and intellectual nothings with good ball control skills and no BETTER idea of what to spend their money on could absorb that money quite handily however. Even one top ranked player could put several modern jet fighters out of comission through a lifetime's expenditure, maybe half a squadron if you take into account transfer fees.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    You just can't spend a whole defense budget on a few scraps of inflated leather. Not like you can on Ferrarris, mansions, clubbing and dining at the vulgar celeb hotspots, bling, supermodel arm candy, ghostwritten autobiographies, self-subsidised pop singles, etc. A few thousands of social and intellectual nothings with good ball control skills and no BETTER idea of what to spend their money on could absorb that money quite handily however. Even one top ranked player could put several modern jet fighters out of comission through a lifetime's expenditure, maybe half a squadron if you take into account transfer fees.
    If you gave your entire defense budget to Wilson for a single soccer ball, do you think they would take it? Prices aren't as rigid when you have freshly printed money lining your reserves and certain big name companies who would happily take it for nothing. However, we're not talking about money, we're talking about the expenditure of capital and goods, as that is one outcome of war that is necessary for our current economic systems to keep rolling. So I say we use steel, coal, and hard plastics that would normally used to make jet fighters and war ships to make our new soccer balls. The game would be much more interesting and still fair. Maybe make a small propulsion system for the ball?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Whenever David Villa has the ball I'm not going to be able to breathe. Spain does have a habit of trying to be too perfect with their balls up the middle and pull off something beautiful, while ignoring the flanks. Like Argentina, their attackers are insanely creative and skilled, which is what you need to break the German system defense, but unlike Argentina Spain seems like they actually have tactics and defense. Although I haven't been following Spain terribly closely.

Missing Mueller is awful
    Spain wasnt that good so far in the cup, more like bad. They lost 1:0 to the Swiss, but Germany lost too against Serbia. Where Germany always has problems with eastern european teams, like the cup when they lost 3:0 to croatia and later made it still to the finals: Swiss could be a problem for Spain too. So pretty hard to tell.

On the paper the spanish players are all little Messis and Spain was the big favourite from the start to win the cup. Spain bet Germany in the finals of the europe cup 2 years ago: 1:0. In that time German offense was bad, we just lacked the goal-getters, who callously put a ball into the goal corner when its necessary. Plus Spain has maybe the best defense in the World at the moment.

But as I said they havent shown their potential yet really in the current cup. Their best game was against Portugal, but those two teams do know each other and their tactics, so you cant really take the game into comparism.

We gonna see, the big advantage Germany has atm is, we have an offense. With Klose on his peak level of performance, Podolski having good ideas and doing the occasional free kick goal + Özil looking for clever opportunities I bet this gonna be a great game. Another huge advanatge is Per Mertesacker and Arne Friedrich, who play the games of their lifes. We can even afford to play without Müller atm, cause the others score goals too; they just work pretty good as a team.

Arne Friedrich is my favourite player atm in the team and he comes from Hertha BSC Berlin, who last year went into relegation, you have to imagine, so Friedrich basically had a ultimatively shitty season and now he plays like a young God .

Partly objectively analysed ( as far as possible ) I see perfect chances for our team and I'ld say they beat spain with a good 3:0

I am gonna watch this tonight with 100.000 fans in our city center that gonna be a nude fight in the mud
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]