User Tag List

First 2363717273747583 Last

Thread: WORLD CUP 2010

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I have to admit that when I posted that steak and knife thingy, I assumed that Argentina would win or at least make it very very hard on Germany. Nobody expected such a massacre. I watched the game with Argentinian and Spanish friends as the only German in the room and did´nt dare say anything for fear of getting lynched (they were fair sports though and we all went out to eat afterwards :-)

Germany tends to be good when they are modest and keep theirt mouth shut and loose as soon as they get ahead of themselves, so I wont make any predictions.

tcda, la seleccion argentina es y siempre ha sido uno de los equipos más importantes del mundo. El otro equipo que merece este titulo es Brasil, mirá cómo les ha ido a ellos. En este mundial las cosas son distintas. No soy experta en el futbol, pero me parece que en este mundial las estrellas de ningun equipo brillaron especialmente, cuenta más la dinamica del conjunto. Ustedes siguen teniendo los mejores jugadors individuales!

Next stop: Spain. As tradition will have it, I´ll watch that one with a few Spanish friends at my place - once again being the only German around!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

My new sig is @ this thread (ignore the Freidman crap below unless you're pure merc). in honour of the poor commentator below who became (in)famous in Argentina.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLM4ANNmJ3s&feature=related"]Italia vs Argentina 1990 - Siamo Fuori[/YOUTUBE]
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INFP

First half was very equal - Argentinians held the ball more. Germans were dangerous when they had the ball but didn't seem to be able to keep it. Though at the end of it Argentinians started to lose their nerve (lots of off-sides). But something happened to Germany after the break - they started to believe in themselves again. I wonder what Loew must have told them - would love to hear it .
    Hot-hearted head

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzling Berry View Post
    First half was very equal - Argentinians held the ball more. Germans were dangerous when they had the ball but didn't seem to be able to keep it. Though at the end of it Argentinians started to lose their nerve (lots of off-sides). But something happened to Germany after the break - they started to believe in themselves again. I wonder what Loew must have told them - would love to hear it .
    I thought it was the other way round - the only 1/4 where Argentina were the better team was between half-time and the 2nd Germany goal.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I think it would be funny to see Spain against Uruguay in the finale. Everyone around me is being so overdramatical about having the Netherlands and Germany in the finale (I guess they wish to be reminded of 1988), so it would be soooo funny if everyone turned out to be soooo wrong!
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    I think it would be funny to see Spain against Uruguay in the finale. Everyone around me is being so overdramatical about having the Netherlands and Germany in the finale (I guess they wish to be reminded of 1988), so it would be soooo funny if everyone turned out to be soooo wrong!
    Actually, it's more because of the finale of '74, when we were being dubbed as favorites to win with the Total Football style but lost in the finale to west germany.

The '88 was some payback, but still only minor compared to the loss in 74'. :p

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF_kvs6tkpk"]Total Football[/YOUTUBE]

If teams would still play like that, I would definatly be much more of a fan of football. So funny to see 5-6 uruguanians being offside thinking "wtf?". Or seeing 6-7 orange people rushing them when they are on the ball. Total football with everyone attacking and everyone defending, taking over each others places and such, is so cool to see.

I wonder if Uruguay knows where the ball is now, 36 years later.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    I would love it. I doubt it will happen though.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

WOW!

That was one of the best shots I've seen all tournament. Sorry Uruguay...

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

And a wonderful strike from Forlan! Two great goals...can't wait for the second half.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    And a wonderful strike from Forlan! Two great goals...can't wait for the second half.
    I want his hair.