User Tag List

First 567891757 Last

Thread: WORLD CUP 2010

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Come on North Korea!
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

I hope that the Brazil will defeat by North Korea by a 10 goal margin and if Portugal manages to do the same, we'd have a compelling reason to hope that this bellicose country won't re-appear in the tournament for multiple decades!
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Come on North Korea!
    hahaha, they tried to cheat to get an extra attacker added to their list. By having him registrered as a goalkeeper. But FIFA has ruled he can only be used as a goalkeeper during world cup. And its their top striker. Gotta love them communist dictatorships.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    I hope that the Brazil will defeat by North Korea by a 10 goal margin and if Portugal manages to do the same, we'd have a compelling reason to hope that this bellicose country won't re-appear in the tournament for multiple decades!
    "Bellicose"? If that were your criteria then most of the leading countries in the World Cup wouldn't be there.

Now watch this clip for North Korea's finest footballing moment ever, when they beat Italy in the 1966 World Cup:

YouTube - 1966 World Cup Group 4 Italy v North Korea
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post

So if you lose with more than ten goals twice at a world cup you can not appear in a world cup unspecified times? Wow, I didnt know about that rule.

And if the bellicose rule was applied Denmark, USA and so on couldnt be in the world cup either

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post

So if you lose with more than ten goals twice at a world cup you can not appear in a world cup unspecified times? Wow, I didnt know about that rule.

And if the bellicose rule was applied Denmark, USA and so on couldnt be in the world cup either
    Obviously he's hoping that the humiliationw ill be too much to bear and the North Koreans footballing confidence and, why not, ifnrastructure will be destroyed for a decade.

Quite a nice sentiment really: every single North Korean, football players, supporters, children, should have one of their few pleasures taken away, because their military is accused of sinking a boat. That'll certainly give them the confidence to challenge thier dictatorship!

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Obviously he's hoping that the humiliationw ill be too much to bear and the North Koreans footballing confidence and, why not, ifnrastructure will be destroyed for a decade.

Quite a nice sentiment really: every single North Korean, football players, supporters, children, should have one of their few pleasures taken away, because their military is accused of sinking a boat. That'll certainly give them the confidence to challenge thier dictatorship!
    Yes but really Kim Jong Il is not going to get humiliated over that. I speculate he'll make them wear trunks with nuclearsigns on them next time then.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    australia's first round match is against germany. ouch.
    lol. FINISH THEM!

Is the mural for the US supposed to be predictive? They look like they're about to go down any minute.

Prolly also root for these guys, just to see them dancing at the posts:

hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post

I think that if they lose by 10 goals or more twice, they'll be too demoralized to perform well enough to return to the World Cup at any point in the near future.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

a nice sentiment really: every single North Korean, football players, supporters, children, should have one of their few pleasures taken away, because their military is accused of sinking a boat. That'll certainly give them the confidence to challenge thier dictatorship!
    Quite the opposite. The North Korean participation in the world cup brings glory to ther corrupt government rather than the common people. As you may recall, the Soviets used their participation in international sports as a propagandistic device in favor of their communist dogma. Although the North Koreans are less proactive in this respect, their regime can be emboldened by any international attention they'd receive. One could argue that the more the world knows about North Korea, the more likely its regime to collapse; yet I don't find it plausible, Kim is very good at concealing fundamental facts about North Korea from the rest of the world and enjoys a god-like status in his country. His stature is not at all like Saddaam Hussein, he genuinely convinced the public of North Korea that he is a 'dear leader', or a benign authority figure without whose support the people just could not do. Conveniently, most North Koreans believe that they live in paradise and the best country in the world.

I am all for promoting the pursuit of happiness of the common people of North Korea, however, I have no sympathy for any event that aids Kim's regime, even if in a very subtle manner.