User Tag List

First 1959676869707179 Last

Thread: WORLD CUP 2010

MBTI
    SEXY

The sound of the vuvuzela is starting to grow on me. After the MASSIVE party today I'm not sure how I'll cope wit missing that sound (and car horns as well) after the world cup.
    (removed)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

Default Who would've thought the Netherlands could defeat Brazil after a 5-3 loss 12 yrs ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Brazil controlled the first half, they should've gone for the kill more actively in hindsight, Stekelenberg did make an awesome save though to prevent 2-0.

Then what happened in the second half is that the Dutch starting harrassing more, hunting for the ball. The Brazilians didn't get in their gear anymore, Dutch picked up speed. First goal was luck, second goal was class.

But in all fairness, we should've made more goals in the second half. The oppertunities near the end shouldn't have been missed at this level. So although our team is starting to get in his own gear, we're still not there yet.

Whatever happened to the Brazil team in the second half after the second goal, I dunno though. Maybe it's the south american temperament that shines through. The totally deserved red card and the lack of position play, it's almost as if they were given the win to us in the end. Which is also why we should've scored more.

Either way, the lions managed to break Brazil's playstyle and speed and won deserved.

Will this be the first time for us to win the world cup? We have a stable team, a team's team. But definatly not the best team we ever had in terms of individual players. But then again, this is our 9th consecutive win, and we haven't lost in like 22 games, I think.
    I second that. That was our 24th consecutive win. Go team Oranje!

One team hoped to win; the other expected to win. After lagging behind 0-1 in the first half, Bert van Marwijk's pep talk reassured the Dutch that they must utilize their skills, keep abreast of the strikers, and start penetrating the Samba's defense.

Arjen Robben + Robin Van Persie + Wesley Sneijder + Dirk Kuyt = UNSTOPPABLE AGGRESSION

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Forlán!!! VAMOS URUGUAY VAMOS AMERICA LATINA!
    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Yep, perfect strike. Must have moved a lot too because the keeper stepped forward and moved himself out of position.
    Uruguay have cheated and stolen their victory. Hell, Ghana dominated them during all the end of the match, and at the last minute, they have almost scored a second goal, but Uruguay guys where so desperates that they had stop the ball with their hands 2 times or even three!!:steam: That fucking referee gave to Ghana just one penalty, but they deserve two penalty or even three!!! And they could have scored 2-1 ore even 3-1 to theses fucking pansy!:steam:

Then, Uruguay will confront Netherland, HA, HA, HAR, theses fucking pussy have'nt any chance.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

1. Ghana was robbed!:steam:
    2. Made in Argentina:

Made in Germany:

no offence!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Uruguay have cheated and stolen their victory. Hell, Ghana dominated them during all the end of the match, and at the last minute, they have almost scored a second goal, but Uruguay guys where so desperates that they had stop the ball with their hands 2 times or even three!!:steam: That fucking referee gave to Ghana just one penalty, but they deserve two penalty or even three!!! And they could have scored 2-1 ore even 3-1 to theses fucking pansy!:steam:

Then, Uruguay will confront Netherland, HA, HA, HAR, theses fucking pussy have'nt any chance.
    Nobody likes a sore loser.

Maybe you're just jealous that Uruguay, 3 million people, has won more world cups than France, a developed country, 64 million people.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Nobody likes a sore loser.

Maybe you're just jealous that Uruguay, 3 million people, has won more world cups than France, a developed country, 64 million people.
    Hell, no. I don't care about l'équipe de France. And Ghana was supported by all Africa: 800 millions peoples. If we count their supporters on the others continents, we've got 1 billion! You don't mess. But, pffff, who cares about Uruguay?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Hell, no. I don't care about l'équipe de France. And Ghana was supported by all Africa: 800 millions peoples. If we count their supporters on the others continents, we've got 1 billion! You don't mess. But, pffff, who cares about Uruguay?
    Well if you're African fair enough dude. I am just annoyed by all the white European people on tv who had never watched any African football but today are Ghanaian patriots. But they won't accept that the Latin Americans have played the most attractive football in the tournament.

I feel sorry for Ghana, they played excellently. But all this crap about "cheating" 1.) Uruguay had a clear penalty dnied, why was this not "cheating" by the Ghana defender? and 2.) The Ghana free kick where the penalty came from was not at all a free kick. and 3.) The referee I think was intimidated by the crowd and biased towars Ghana.

And also, Uruguay didn't cheat to make Ghana players take terrible penalties. I feel sad for them but it's a fact.

Still I hope Ghana do well in the future. And here is to an Argentina-Uruguay final.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

See, I don't blame Suarez at all. If he doesn't play volleyball on that one the game is over, it's the 120th minute. The Ghana player has to convert that PK, sorry.

It was a wild ending. If I were pulling for either team I'd have passed out from the stress.

Which is what I'm about to do....I have butterflies

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

^^^Yep. I'm nervous too, Germany is a strong and direct side, the Argentina defence will need to be better than it has all tournament.

I agree, any player would have done what he did.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

MUELLER!!!!

HOW DO I TYPE THE U WITH THE UMLAUT!!!???