User Tag List

First 33414243444553 Last

Thread: WORLD CUP 2010

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    If Germany doesn't go to the next round I will have to cry.
    I will definitely be on suicide watch.

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Booo, I'm for Ghana.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    We agreed to Milton Friedman, anyway.

Which do you prefer?

"Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself."

OR

"I am favor of cutting taxes under any circumstances and for any excuse, for any reason, whenever it's possible."
    I'll take the second one.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

(First goal!)

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I am Jock's tremendous sigh of relief.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

(Is it me - or is Marcel Desailly something of an odd ball? lol.)

That was a good setpiece play off Mesut Ozil. Germany go through to face England.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post

I have a soft spot for underdogs.

But I guess I'd rather lose to Ghana than Germany if we don't make it through this next game.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    (Is it me - or is Marcel Desailly something of an odd ball? lol.)

That was a good setpiece play off Mesut Ozil. Germany go through to face England.
    Germany will beat England, 2-0 at least, it may even be 3-0 or 4-0, just like the Under 21 German team beat England by the count of 4-0. After that happens, yet another English media frenzy will erupt about the issue of what exactly inflicted this misfortune upon that glorious nation, was it the coach, the players, the fans, the vuvuzelas? None of that has anything to do with England's recent performance, those ideas are nothing but pitiable excuses for fanatics to avoid owning up to the fact that their team is just not very good, nowhere nearly meritorious enough to compete with opponents who are serious contenders for the World Cup.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Germany will beat England, 2-0 at least, it may even be 3-0 or 4-0, just like the Under 21 German team beat England by the count of 4-0. After that happens, yet another English media frenzy will erupt about the issue of what exactly inflicted this misfortune upon that glorious nation, was it the coach, the players, the fans, the vuvuzelas? None of that has anything to do with England's recent performance, those ideas are nothing but pitiable excuses for fanatics to avoid owning up to the fact that their team is just not very good, nowhere nearly meritorious enough to compete with opponents who are serious contenders for the World Cup.
    Actually the England players are better on paper. They simply aren't as good as Germany as a team.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I knew all along that the U.S. would win their entire group on an injury time goal and only by goal margin over England. :rolli:
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Yet, according to you, FDG, the Italian culture does not approve of cheating, what on earth is going on here? Is there anything about the Italian general culture or the Italian soccer culture that promotes such behavior?
    Mmm perhaps I was unclear, I do think the professional / competitive soccer culture encourages this behavior, basically any player who had to go through "younger" serie A team will have this fake / cheating behavior ingrained - there's no choice (except not playing professionally, of course - or joining a foreign team). I think a similar issue can be found in cycling with illicit performance enhancing drugs - nobody approves their usage, yet basically every professional engages used doping, simply because you won't reach professional level if you don't. They can be modeled as "positive feedback cycles", they'd need an exogenous shock to be "broken".
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp