• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

WORLD CUP 2010

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I hope that the Brazil will defeat by North Korea by a 10 goal margin and if Portugal manages to do the same, we'd have a compelling reason to hope that this bellicose country won't re-appear in the tournament for multiple decades!

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
Come on North Korea!

hahaha, they tried to cheat to get an extra attacker added to their list. By having him registrered as a goalkeeper. But FIFA has ruled he can only be used as a goalkeeper during world cup. And its their top striker. Gotta love them communist dictatorships.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I hope that the Brazil will defeat by North Korea by a 10 goal margin and if Portugal manages to do the same, we'd have a compelling reason to hope that this bellicose country won't re-appear in the tournament for multiple decades!

"Bellicose"? :laugh: If that were your criteria then most of the leading countries in the World Cup wouldn't be there.

Now watch this clip for North Korea's finest footballing moment ever, when they beat Italy in the 1966 World Cup:

YouTube - 1966 World Cup Group 4 Italy v North Korea

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4

:huh:

So if you lose with more than ten goals twice at a world cup you can not appear in a world cup unspecified times? Wow, I didnt know about that rule. :newwink:

And if the bellicose rule was applied Denmark, USA and so on couldnt be in the world cup either

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram

So if you lose with more than ten goals twice at a world cup you can not appear in a world cup unspecified times? Wow, I didnt know about that rule. :newwink:

And if the bellicose rule was applied Denmark, USA and so on couldnt be in the world cup either

Obviously he's hoping that the humiliationw ill be too much to bear and the North Koreans footballing confidence and, why not, ifnrastructure will be destroyed for a decade.

Quite a nice sentiment really: every single North Korean, football players, supporters, children, should have one of their few pleasures taken away, because their military is accused of sinking a boat. That'll certainly give them the confidence to challenge thier dictatorship!

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
Obviously he's hoping that the humiliationw ill be too much to bear and the North Koreans footballing confidence and, why not, ifnrastructure will be destroyed for a decade.

Quite a nice sentiment really: every single North Korean, football players, supporters, children, should have one of their few pleasures taken away, because their military is accused of sinking a boat. That'll certainly give them the confidence to challenge thier dictatorship!

Yes but really Kim Jong Il is not going to get humiliated over that. I speculate he'll make them wear trunks with nuclearsigns on them next time then.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
australia's first round match is against germany. ouch.

lol. FINISH THEM! :spam_laser:

Is the mural for the US supposed to be predictive? They look like they're about to go down any minute.

USA.jpg

Prolly also root for these guys, just to see them dancing at the posts:

Cameroon.jpg

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I think that if they lose by 10 goals or more twice, they'll be too demoralized to perform well enough to return to the World Cup at any point in the near future.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
a nice sentiment really: every single North Korean, football players, supporters, children, should have one of their few pleasures taken away, because their military is accused of sinking a boat. That'll certainly give them the confidence to challenge thier dictatorship!

Quite the opposite. The North Korean participation in the world cup brings glory to ther corrupt government rather than the common people. As you may recall, the Soviets used their participation in international sports as a propagandistic device in favor of their communist dogma. Although the North Koreans are less proactive in this respect, their regime can be emboldened by any international attention they'd receive. One could argue that the more the world knows about North Korea, the more likely its regime to collapse; yet I don't find it plausible, Kim is very good at concealing fundamental facts about North Korea from the rest of the world and enjoys a god-like status in his country. His stature is not at all like Saddaam Hussein, he genuinely convinced the public of North Korea that he is a 'dear leader', or a benign authority figure without whose support the people just could not do. Conveniently, most North Koreans believe that they live in paradise and the best country in the world.

I am all for promoting the pursuit of happiness of the common people of North Korea, however, I have no sympathy for any event that aids Kim's regime, even if in a very subtle manner.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Entertaining first match. Mexico was robbed on the first offsides call, and South Africa just missed a historic win with that shot clanging off the post. Just a couple centimeters to the right and that shot was in.

Looking forward to Les Bleus and Uruguay.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Nah, it was a fair call. Part of his body was in front of the keeper. Very well spotted by the linesman actually.

You're right. I looked at it again and that was the case. Match commentary maintained otherwise at the time, but yeah he was off.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:steam: I'm so annoyed that I'd need ESPN to see most of the games... and we only have network tv! I'm tempted to hook my laptop up to the tv to watch :sadbanana:

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
Well, my country made it through, Denmark, but i am not cheering for them. Somewhat they always ends up loosing! So Spain or Italy :)

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Looking forward to the Uruguay VS. France match. Should be exciting!

(Nice opening to the World Cup earlier. First match was OK.)

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Never thought about being able to see the match at my workplace. And the TV is in my office.

Football can paralyze this Country.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Boring game. Yet, as they weren´t sodomized by France (as most thought it would be the outcome of the match), I can see half of Montevideo getting drunk now.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
France is ALWAYS a slow starting team. Even when it achieves excellent results overall, it never topped its group and looked rather disappointing at first glance.
It is brilliant only when it reaches quarter-finals or more. That's probably why Brazil always lost against France when it had the honor to cross its path (But, on the other hand, the nemesis of France is Germany).