• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

WORLD CUP 2010

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have to admit that when I posted that steak and knife thingy, I assumed that Argentina would win or at least make it very very hard on Germany. Nobody expected such a massacre. I watched the game with Argentinian and Spanish friends as the only German in the room and did´nt dare say anything for fear of getting lynched (they were fair sports though and we all went out to eat afterwards :)

Germany tends to be good when they are modest and keep theirt mouth shut and loose as soon as they get ahead of themselves, so I wont make any predictions.

tcda, la seleccion argentina es y siempre ha sido uno de los equipos más importantes del mundo. El otro equipo que merece este titulo es Brasil, mirá cómo les ha ido a ellos. En este mundial las cosas son distintas. No soy experta en el futbol, pero me parece que en este mundial las estrellas de ningun equipo brillaron especialmente, cuenta más la dinamica del conjunto. Ustedes siguen teniendo los mejores jugadors individuales!

Next stop: Spain. As tradition will have it, I´ll watch that one with a few Spanish friends at my place - once again being the only German around!

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
My new sig is @ this thread (ignore the Freidman crap below unless you're pure merc). in honour of the poor commentator below who became (in)famous in Argentina.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLM4ANNmJ3s&feature=related"]Italia vs Argentina 1990 - Siamo Fuori[/YOUTUBE]

Sizzling Berry

MBTI Type
INFP
First half was very equal - Argentinians held the ball more. Germans were dangerous when they had the ball but didn't seem to be able to keep it. Though at the end of it Argentinians started to lose their nerve (lots of off-sides). But something happened to Germany after the break - they started to believe in themselves again. I wonder what Loew must have told them - would love to hear it :smile:.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
First half was very equal - Argentinians held the ball more. Germans were dangerous when they had the ball but didn't seem to be able to keep it. Though at the end of it Argentinians started to lose their nerve (lots of off-sides). But something happened to Germany after the break - they started to believe in themselves again. I wonder what Loew must have told them - would love to hear it :smile:.

I thought it was the other way round - the only 1/4 where Argentina were the better team was between half-time and the 2nd Germany goal.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I think it would be funny to see Spain against Uruguay in the finale. Everyone around me is being so overdramatical about having the Netherlands and Germany in the finale (I guess they wish to be reminded of 1988), so it would be soooo funny if everyone turned out to be soooo wrong! :D

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it would be funny to see Spain against Uruguay in the finale. Everyone around me is being so overdramatical about having the Netherlands and Germany in the finale (I guess they wish to be reminded of 1988), so it would be soooo funny if everyone turned out to be soooo wrong! :D

Actually, it's more because of the finale of '74, when we were being dubbed as favorites to win with the Total Football style but lost in the finale to west germany.

The '88 was some payback, but still only minor compared to the loss in 74'. :p

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF_kvs6tkpk"]Total Football[/YOUTUBE]

If teams would still play like that, I would definatly be much more of a fan of football. So funny to see 5-6 uruguanians being offside thinking "wtf?". Or seeing 6-7 orange people rushing them when they are on the ball. Total football with everyone attacking and everyone defending, taking over each others places and such, is so cool to see. :D

I wonder if Uruguay knows where the ball is now, 36 years later.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram

I would love it. I doubt it will happen though. :(

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Who knew a guy could wear my daughter's hairband and still look so cool ...

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Brr. Holland laat je zien!

They stopped playing forward after the goal and they shouldn't! Great goals, Forlan one was quite well played using Heitinga as a cover so Stekelenburg couldn't see it coming. Giovanni ofcourse sometimes does that long distance shot. 105 games, 5 goals, all like that lol. Pretty nasty shot it was. :p

1-1, Netherlands I think plays better, building their chances, but Uruguay proves to be a very dangerous counter team just like we knew. Uru's defense is also locking in Robben pretty well, wonder what will happen in the second half.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
^ congrats on dispatching Uruguay! They shouldn't have been there in the first place.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
^ congrats on dispatching hand-meisters Uruguay! They shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Bullshit.

He handballed it, a penalty was given, he was sent off. That's fair. No cheating. If the Ghana player misses the penalty, HIS FAULT.

It's a "foul" when a European or African does it, "cheating" when a South american does it.

Uruguay had a lcear penatly turned down against Ghana. Whyw as that not cheating by the Ghana palyer!?

The free kick to Ghana where hte penalty came form was not a free kick. Why is that not cheating?

Van Bommel today should have been sent off.

And the Holland 2nd goal was offside.

Sooo..STFU.

Last edited:

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
WHAT? I am out with the dog for a quick walk and the NED has scored two goals? What lousy timing I have ...

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
and also Forlan has been the best player in the tournament, so **** you (@ teh hater, not u Peace).