First 26343536373846 Last

Thread: WORLD CUP 2010

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    N Korea had one bad half. They may well still shock Ivory Coast though. We'll have to see hwo their confidence holds up.
    The North Koreans will be indignant about this loss and play offensively against Ivory Coast, surely enough they're going to get decimated then.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    The North Koreans will be indignant about this loss and play offensively against Ivory Coast, surely enough they're going to get decimated then.
    They didn't look that idnignant, but I bow to your crystal ball.

I believe Spanish immigration was slightly higher than Italian...however, the fact that they speak Spanish with an Italian slant (not the other way around) should be the biggest clue.
    I'm pretty sure Italians were the largest group. I studied this history at an Argentine school btw.

Argentina speaks spanish because the region was colonized by the Spanish and has been independent since 1816 with a spanish-descended ruling class, wheras mass immigration only started 100 years later, by which time Spanish was the mandatory language all immigrants had to learn and Argentina was long established as a Spanish speaking country.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

A brazilian friend of mine said that a common ironic way to define Argentinians is "a buch of Italians who think they're English but speak Spanish"
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    A brazilian friend of mine said that a common ironic way to define Argentinians is "a buch of Italians who think they're English but speak Spanish"
    It's not a great definition by any means.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

MBTI
    NICE

I'm pretty sure Italians were the largest group. I studied this history at an Argentine school btw.

Argentina speaks spanish because the region was colonized by the Spanish and has been independent since 1812 with a spanish-descended ruling class, wheras mass immigration only started 100 years later, by which time Spanish was the mandatory language all immigrants had to learn and Argentina was long established as a Spanish speaking country.
    Apologies for the lazy research from Wiki, which says:

The majority of immigrants, since the 19th century, came from Europe, mostly from Italy and Spain. Also notable were Jewish immigrants escaping persecution. The total population of Argentina rose from 4 million in 1895 to 7.9 million in 1914, and to 15.8 million in 1947; during this time the country was settled by 1.5 million Spaniards and 1.4 million Italians, as well as Poles, Russians, French (more than 100,000 each), Germans and Austrians (also more than 100,000), Portuguese, Greek, Ukrainians, Yugoslavians, Czechs, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, English, Dutch, Scandinavians, and people from other European and Middle Eastern countries. Argentine immigration records includes those from Australia and North America (the USA).
    By that account they are pretty evenly distributed. That said, aparently 60% of Argentinians have an Italian forefather. I can't vouch for the accuracy of the wiki-wiki. Immigration to Argentina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Yeah it wasn't meant to be, was supposed to be "ironic"
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Spain look confident. Their game vs Chile will be very interesting.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

MBTI
    INTP

"Losers" may be a better definition.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post
    Thanks, keep me posted on any tirade that the dear leader may subject his people to.

What do we all think about the discombobulated state the French squad is in?
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/