First 2028293031324080 Last

Thread: WORLD CUP 2010

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    It was disallowed for shoving. That wa sicnorrect, but the whistle blew as the ball was going into the are from the free kick, possibly causing some Slovene players to stop concentrating.
    I don't see much shoving in any of the replays either.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

And that doesn't even have the bear hug!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

What a bad day...

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Remember this? I wonder if "The Scum" will be offering an official apology...I doubt it though somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post

And that doesn't even have the bear hug!
    Please tell me you didn't make that!
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I'm too lazy to make things.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Brutal call. It was a goal all the way. And England is not exactly setting the world ablaze, either.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Brutal call. It was a goal all the way. And England is not exactly setting the world ablaze, either.
    They'll be setting Fabio Capello's house ablaze if they don't beat Slovenia.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

[youtube=mZMFLqBKXNI]Final Coupe du Monde 1998 France 3 - 0 Brésil[/youtube]
    That was so EPIC!!
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ----

that kewell red card was absolute rubbish. did that just happen? are you kidding me?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

World Cup 2010: Nicolas Anelka sent home over coach row

Domenech (right) chose Anelka to start France's first two games

France striker Nicolas Anelka has been sent home from the World Cup after verbally insulting coach Raymond Domenech during the Mexico game.

The Chelsea star missed training on Saturday after reports of a row with the France coach during their 2-0 loss.

And he later refused to apologise when asked to by French Football Federation president Jean-Pierre Escalettes.

An FFF statement said the 31-year-old's half-time comments to Domenech were "totally unacceptable".

The statement continued: "Faced by the refusal of the player to publicly apologise, he (Escalettes) took the decision in total agreement with the coach and the official members of the delegation present to exclude Nicolas Anelka from the squad."

The FFF said that France captain Patrice Evra also attended the meeting with Anelka at the French training camp in Knysa.

Anelka, a League and FA Cup double winner with Chelsea this season, has won 71 international caps.

He scored twice on his debut against England in 1999 but later spent three years in the international wilderness after refusing to play for Les Bleus under coach Jacques Santini.

606: DEBATE
    Were France right to send Anelka home?
    Domenech brought Anelka back into the fold in 2005 but left him out of France's squad for the World Cup in Germany the following year.

It was only a temporary omission and Anelka scored in the first leg ofthe qualifying play-off against the Republic of Ireland last November when France secured their place in South Africa.

He was also in the starting line-up for both of France's first group games but failed to hit the net in the 0-0 draw with Uruguay and the loss to Mexico.

France's poor start to the competition has left their hopes of qualification from Group A out of their hands.

There were reports earlier in the week that Domenech had also had a training ground bust-up with midfielder Florent Malouda.

And the team has been urged to show greater dignity for the remainder of the tournament.

French sports minister Roselyne Bachelot said in a statement: "The very high pressure weighing on Les Bleus does not authorise any form of slip-up.

"The players must keep in mind that they're wearing France's colours and are considered as role models by many youngsters.

"This obliges them to show restraint and dignity."

If Mexico and Uruguay draw in their final match, France will be eliminated.