• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

WORLD CUP 2010

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Quit whining yanks, Japan are the stars of the show now. :tongue: great performance from them!

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Definitely very good. Their set pieces have been wonderful and Honda has a great touch.

Yet another reason I love the World Cup: the game commentary destroys commentary in other sports!

After Honda's goal, "Japan's clutch player, opens the throttle! Honda, puts Japan on top!"

Love it.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
New Zealand bow out undefeated and ahead of Italy, that practically makes us world champions. :yes:

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Tomorrow is the fun day. Switzerland can definitely beat Honduras. Can Spain defeat Chile and by enough?

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Chile are a good side. Mainly thanks to Bielsa, probably the best coach in the world.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
So, six of eight matches for the round of 16 are set, right?

Uruguay-South Korea

United States-Ghana

Argentina-Mexico

Germany-England

Netherlands-Slovakia

Paraguay-Japan

So, who are the last four to make it, and who do we think advances to the quarterfinals? Argentina-Mexico and Germany-England should be fantastic matches.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So, six of eight matches for the round of 16 are set, right?

Uruguay-South Korea

United States-Ghana

Argentina-Mexico

Germany-England

Netherlands-Slovakia

Paraguay-Japan

So, who are the last four to make it, and who do we think advances to the quarterfinals? Argentina-Mexico and Germany-England should be fantastic matches.

Last 3 games in the last 2 groups.

Brazil-Portugal: 2-1
Ivory Coast-Kim Jong-il: 3:0
Spain-Chile: 2-1
Switzerland-Honduras: 1-0.

--------------------------------------------------------

Round of 16

Uruguay-South Korea: 1-0

United States-Ghana: 2:1

Argentina-Mexico: 2:1

Germany-England: 2:0

Netherlands-Slovakia: 2:1

Paraguay-Japan: 1:1, Japan wins on penalties

Spain vs Portugal: 3:1

Brazil vs Switzerland: 2:0

------------------------------------------------------------

Quarterfinals

Argentina vs Uruguay: 1:0

United States vs Germany: 1:2

Netherlands vs Japan: 1:0

Brazil vs Spain: 3:2

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Semifinals

Argentina vs Germany: 1:0

Brazil vs Netherlands: 3:1

--------------------------------------------------

Finals

Brazil vs Argentina: 3:2

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd place

Netherlands vs Germany: 2:2, Ned wins on penalties.

R

Riva

^

I have a feeling that England would beat Germany. I want the German side to win because they provide more entertainment due to their strength, speed and the attitude of never giving up. But they lack the experience the English side has. No matter how good you are at the end of the day experience does matter and the German side compared to the English is far behind. And apparently their squad is the youngest squad since 1934.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Last 3 games in the last 2 groups.

Brazil-Portugal: 2-1
Ivory Coast-Kim Jong-il: 3:0
Spain-Chile: 2-1
Switzerland-Honduras: 1-0.

--------------------------------------------------------

Round of 16

Uruguay-South Korea: 1-0

United States-Ghana: 2:1

Argentina-Mexico: 2:1

Germany-England: 2:0

Netherlands-Slovakia: 2:1

Paraguay-Japan: 1:1, Japan wins on penalties

Spain vs Portugal: 3:1

Brazil vs Switzerland: 2:0

------------------------------------------------------------

Quarterfinals

Argentina vs Uruguay: 1:0

United States vs Germany: 1:2

Netherlands vs Japan: 1:0

Brazil vs Spain: 3:2

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Semifinals

Argentina vs Germany: 1:0

Brazil vs Netherlands: 3:1

--------------------------------------------------

Finals

Brazil vs Argentina: 3:2

You've got some of the quarterfinals matches wrong. The winner of Uruguay-South Korea gets the winner of USA-Ghana, and the winner of Argentina-Mexico gets the winner of Germany-England.

FIFA.com - The matches of 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
You've got some of the quarterfinals matches wrong. The winner of Uruguay-South Korea gets the winner of USA-Ghana, and the winner of Argentina-Mexico gets the winner of Germany-England.

FIFA.com - The matches of 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

You´re right. I was talking about this with my Argentinian friends today. As it is presented in the FIFA site, we found out that only way that our national teams could face each other is in the World Cup Semi-finals.

We wished each other the best, though.

EDIT: I´m from Uruguay.

R

Riva

^

Off Topic

What's the nickname for people from Uruguay? Uruguanians? (like brazilians for people from brazil and the English for people from england and the Huns for people from Germany?)

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^

Off Topic

What's the nickname for people from Uruguay? Uruguanians? (like brazilians for people from brazil and the English for people from england and the Huns for people from Germany?)

Who cares? It's Uruguay.

Uruguayan.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Uruguayan.

You got it right.

Not all South-American fans are hooligans, though. I reckon they are a common sight, but not every fan is a hooligan.

MacGuffin said:
What a shitty match.

There have been lots of boring matches on this World Cup so far (Paraguay-NZ, the most recent). Say that same thing around here and you will surely get whacked. Not by me, but some hardcore fan would. Argentina-Uruguay is one of the matches with highest TV ratings, and tickets sold, in the regional tournaments (second only to Brazil-Argentina).

If you understand Spanish, I can suggest you some football sites from around here.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You got it right.

Not all South-American fans are hooligans, though. I reckon they are a common sight, but not every fan is a hooligan.

There have been lots of boring matches on this World Cup so far (Paraguay-NZ, the most recent). Say that same thing around here and you will surely get whacked. Not by me, but some hardcore fan would. Argentina-Uruguay is one of the matches with highest TV ratings, and tickets sold, in the regional tournaments (second only to Brazil-Argentina).

If you understand Spanish, I can suggest you some football sites from around here.
I attempted to learn Spanish, but I'm a worthless American and failed.

We do have an Argentine over at INTPc, so we get plenty of Maradona-love there.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I know. I have 32 million next to me. ;)

Still, if I had to support a team after my own, I go for Argentina. :yes: