--- Te

Great first goal - Brazil!

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Love your sig.
    What, this old thing?

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    And Maradona is starting to look like The Most Interesting Obese Man in the World. "I don't always drink beer. . . wait, who am I kidding? I ALWAYS drink beer!"
    Hey, it's a step up from a coke habit, at least.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Yup, what a great first goal from Brazil. Looks like they'll make it far with the performance they've shown in this match.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

If there's one reason to love the world cup, it's for the memes that are created. First Rob Green, and now this:

The Vuvuzela Game: Pics, Videos, Links, News

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

North Korea gave Brazil a decent game. I thought they would fall apart when Brazil got their second goal but they did not. Hopefully, they play like that against Portugal and Ivory Coast; if they do, they could shock everyone and get out of their group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    Hopefully, they play like that against Portugal and Ivory Coast;,.
    Hopefully not, lest they praise their dear leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    if they do, they could shock everyone and get out of their group.
    I don't think so, they haven't displayed enough offensive potential to get out of the group. If they play like this they could hold Portugal and Ivory Coast at 0-0 or 1-1 but that won't be sufficient to earn a second place or higher.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

^^^So you're not going to give them the credit for whate veryone recognizes was a good performance then, regardless of your bias?

And do you really think they will play as defensively against Ivory Coast as against Brazil?
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    ^^^So you're not going to give them the credit for whate veryone recognizes was a good performance then, regardless of your bias??
    I was very impressed with their defensive performance and the sheer strength of will they've expressed by not becoming intimidated by Brazil. However, their game in the midfield and attack was lacking. North Korea produced very few chances and their shooting was mediocre at best.

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    ^^^And do you really think they will play as defensively against Ivory Coast as against Brazil?
    I don't think so, as they will need to be pushing for a victory if they plan on getting out of the group which is another reason I believe that they will be eliminated. I said they'd get a 0-0 or 1-1 at best, that is if they happen to be on their best performance which can be achieved only by playing in a very defensive, radically conservative manner that they played against Brazil. If they shift their game more to the midfield or the attacking front, they'll surely be decimated.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    No, you're definitely not the worst team here, North Korea is and they will lose by at least 10 goals today.
    Ha! They showed you wrong today! I was watching the game at a bar and even though everyone cheered when Brazil made their goals they cheered just as loud if not louder when N. Korea made their goal. I think it was a scream of shock.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    N. Korea made their goal. I think it was a scream of shock.
    That was completely idiotic, a mixture of conceitedness and fatigue led the Brazilian defenders to let the Korean forward to run through the penalty area uncontacted and take a shot. The Koreans wouldn't be able to do that in a regular World Cup match, especially considering how tightly defensive the opening games have been.

No worries, Portugal may still beat North Korea by a wide margin. The Portuguese just have to dive and let Ronaldo take the free kicks, he is very good at long-range shooting. Furthermore, he dives with impunity more than the entire Italian squad could hope to. Obviously I still have not given up on the vision of North Korea losing by 10 goals.