User Tag List

First 1018192021223070 Last

Thread: WORLD CUP 2010

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    At a time when England was deeply split between North and South, Maradona gave the entire country something to hate together.
    Just like Galtieri.

If only it had been Thatcher eh.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Like Ronaldo, Owen, Klinsmann, and about 2 or 3 players from every club in the world who most people never heard of.

Don't take my word for it though. Jimmy Greaves admitted most footballers would have done the same thing as Maradona in 1986 if they could get away with it. So did Peter Crouch.
    I don't take any of those guys' word for it. The 1986 games were before my time, though; I only know the Maradona of the 90s. Let's say his feats prompted a mixture of amazement and amusement. He seemed very talented at both football soccer and shenanigans. Others may try a thing or two, but he dived and handballed in style.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by INA View Post
    He seemed very talented at both football soccer and shenanigans. Others may try a thing or two, but he dived and handballed in style.
    Remember, Maradona stated that it was "The hand of God" that assisted him.

Definitely a character!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Slovakia 1 - 1 New Zealand

Our first ever championship point at a World Cup! So much for being the worst team there!
    No, you're definitely not the worst team here, North Korea is and they will lose by at least 10 goals today.

Like Ronaldo,.
    I think he should pay a fine of at least several million EUROS for his constant diving.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    No, you're definitely not the worst team here, North Korea is and they will lose by at least 10 goals today.
    Please stop this nonsense.

The North Korean players are probably the msot down to earth in the whole tournament. They train in municipal gyms in South Africa, the only team to do so.

I wish them all the best and so do many South Koreans, the supposed "victims" of N.Korean "belligerence" (including Ji Sung Park, who said so).
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I don't take any of those guys' word for it.
    I see your point ignoring poor old Crouch, but nobody ignores Jimmy Greaves!o.O

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

The North Korean players are probably the msot down to earth in the whole tournament. They train in municipal gyms in South Africa, the only team to do so. ).
    Are you really so naive as to think that the politics of the game have anything to do with the players or their supporters? Kim takes all the credit for every good things that happens to North Korea, just like Christians always thank God for their fortunes.

Watch this video starting at 3:00. Notice that a foreign doctor restored the eye-sight of one thousand North Koreans and every single one of them stood up and praised Kim. Some even pledged allegiance to the dear leader by vowing to kill Americans.

YouTube - Documentary: Inside Undercover In North Korea 5 of 5

I wish them all the best and so do many South Koreans, the supposed "victims" of N.Korean "belligerence" (including Ji Sung Park, who said so).
    I wish the best to the players and the supporters of North Korea, but not to the country's totalitarian regime. Unfortunately I cannot support the North Korean players because they will probably give all of their credit to their dear leader.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    ESFJ

I don't take any of those guys' word for it. The 1986 games were before my time, though; I only know the Maradona of the 90s. Let's say his feats prompted a mixture of amazement and amusement. He seemed very talented at both football soccer and shenanigans. Others may try a thing or two, but he dived and handballed in style.
    Love your sig. And Maradona is starting to look like The Most Interesting Obese Man in the World. "I don't always drink beer. . . wait, who am I kidding? I ALWAYS drink beer!"
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ESFJ

I don't want to jinx North Korea (although it's maybe the worst country in the world), but they don't look too bad so far. . . 0-0 at the half.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ISFJ

A draw for Portugal...I couldn't believe what I saw from the game (first half, since I was working)....they were so nervous it was quite sad.