First 12341252 Last

Thread: WORLD CUP 2010

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I am for Germany ofc as my home country, but I have not much hope that they even nearly win the cup. I see our coach as pretty weak, and obviously there are teams with some higher quality players. Though that I think all the last years and somehow we reach always 2nd or 3rd place still because the other teams are even weaker

Though I give my hope into Thomas Müller and Toni Kroos

Dali

This Kenyan is more than a little excited that the tournament is (finally) coming to his home continent.

I passed up a free ride to the World Cup (flight tickets + match tickets + accommodation) that was offered to me half an year ago. Kind of regretting it now.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post
    I was hoping for Argentina to do well but seems like Maradonna is destroying their chances with the team hes picking.
    true.

Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    This Kenyan is more than a little excited that the tournament is (finally) coming to his home continent.

I passed up a free ride to the World Cup (flight tickets + match tickets + accommodation) that was offered to me half an year ago. Kind of regretting it now.
    mate, wtf were you thinkin?

just out of curiosity that is.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I am for Australia and hoping we finish higher than Italy this time (if anyone saw the Aussie/Italy debacle last World Cup)
    Sport is about as parochial as I get
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post
    I am for Australia and hoping we finish higher than Italy this time (if anyone saw the Aussie/Italy debacle last World Cup)
    I wish you guys good luck with that noble aim, but I don't fancy your chances. :s
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Haha. Portugal all the way!
    Don't get your hopes up. The portuguese is gonna suck some ass.

MBTI
    INTP

Sport is about as parochial as I get
    I'm with ya girl! Even my Italian friends were disgusted. Not confident that they will achieve that though. Always look forward to the World Cup Soccer, it is the only thing I will get up in the early hours of the morning for.
    'It's the question that drives us, Neo. It's the question that brought you here.... The answer is out there, Neo, and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.' Trinity

Agent Brown: 'Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions.'

'Maybe the questions are right, we just don't like the answers'

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    I wish you guys good luck with that noble aim, but I don't fancy your chances. :s
    We can but hope Looks like Kewel will be fit for this one and we still have our star keeper and a few other veterans of the last cup.
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by TiNe_2_IP View Post
    I'm with ya girl! Even my Italian friends were disgusted. Not confident that they will achieve that though. Always look forward to the World Cup Soccer, it is the only thing I will get up in the early hours of the morning for.
    What stuck in my craw was that they went on to win the cup after that :steam:

Well for a generally much lower rated team I think we did very well but our first game is with Germany so not sure on that one
    — Richard P. Feynman

author unknown

MBTI
    INTP

We can but hope Looks like Kewel will be fit for this one and we still have our star keeper
    I thought they were both injured? More optimistic if they are playing.
    'It's the question that drives us, Neo. It's the question that brought you here.... The answer is out there, Neo, and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.' Trinity

Agent Brown: 'Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions.'

'Maybe the questions are right, we just don't like the answers'