First 412131415162464 Last

Thread: WORLD CUP 2010

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    What else could there possibly be to watch...
    That's terrible... I only watch volleyball because its a masterful game.

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Good luck to the German and Australian teams for tonight but I of course hope for a draw or an Aussie win
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    That's terrible... I only watch volleyball because its a masterful game.
    Terrible, indeed...I only watch tennis for the tiny yellow ball going back and forth really, really fast.

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Terrible, indeed...I only watch tennis for the tiny yellow ball going back and forth really, really fast.
    That is a whole little fuzzy ball of emotion flying over that net. I only realised there was a ball when Kournikova stopped playing.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I really enjoyed the England USA game. Not the hugest fan of footy but the game in the second half had me on the edge of my seat. I liked
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    The idea of a rivalary seems preposterous, Arsenal has been battling for championship for the last several years and West Ham barely managed to remain in the Pemier League. I bet nothing but a vulgar tradition and the hooligan culture keeps the enmity going. That's probably a ridiculous over-simplification, yet must be a big part why the two such unevenly matched teams still have something of a bitter rivalry going on.
    West Ham supporters hate Arsenal. Arsenal supporters probably don't care that much about West Ham: those that have to go to work or school in London though, do enjoy seeing West Ham lose. If you live int he US, pretty much up to the individual, because I doubt you're going to meet many West Ham fans.

@ Pure Mercury - if USA win the group I'll change my signature to an Ayn Rand quote of your choice, for a month.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Riva

England couldn't beat USA? That's a shocker. Aren't they a football power house?

I hope that England does get through. England has a better chance of winning future matches than USA. And providing more entertainment.

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Well Ghana has beaten Serbia 1-0 and there is an hour yet until the 2am match Australia v Germany
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

Riva

And again I hope Germany (the powerful team) would win. Who wants to see Australians play football. Rather see clowns running around naked.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

It will be interesting to see if England stick with Green as goalkeeper.

Hopefully, the Germany v Australia game is better than the ones so far today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.