User Tag List

First 311121314152363 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 848

Thread: WORLD CUP 2010

  1. #121
    Feline Member kelric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INtP
    Posts
    2,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I saw part of the Argentina / Nigeria game today.
    The Argentines were very aggressive comapred to the Nigerians.
    Many a time I looked at the TV there was a Nigerian player on the ground, whingin about something, and then I saw the instant replay, and saw the elbow that went up in some guys chest, or an ankle that got kicked, or some other painful unplanned mishap.

    Remember folks, soccer is a CONTACT SPORT.
    Heh. I didn't see the game, but did see a lot of highlights. Was the Nigerian goalkeeper consistently as good as he looked? From the highlights it seemed like he singlehandedly kept the game close.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #122
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Sweet draw! I'm sure the English goalkeeper's car is already overturned and on fire back in England.
    To be fair to Robert Green, he made a very good save in the middle of the second half that stopped the U.S from taking the lead and in the first period he faced a similar kind of a shot to the one that he fumbled and held it without any problem. The howler he was guilty of could have happened to anyone.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  3. #123
    psicobolche tcda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    Heh. I didn't see the game, but did see a lot of highlights. Was the Nigerian goalkeeper consistently as good as he looked? From the highlights it seemed like he singlehandedly kept the game close.
    Yes, he had a great game. it should have been 5 or 6.

    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    To be fair to Robert Green, he made a very good save in the middle of the second half that stopped the U.S from taking the lead and in the first period he faced a similar kind of a shot and held it without any problem. The howler he was guilty of could have happened to anyone.
    True.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

    "Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

    -Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

  4. #124
    psicobolche tcda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    ^^^ Though to be fair my brother just got home from watching England in a pub and says that Green was getting booed every time he appeared on the screen, even after the second save. A shame, but predictable.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

    "Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

    -Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

  5. #125
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    I am extremely happy that the USA has a chance to win the Group. Also, Robert Green plays for West Ham, and I support Arsenal, so screw him.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  6. #126
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I am extremely happy that the USA has a chance to win the Group.
    Slim chance, we'd have to beat Algeria and Slovenia by a greater margin than England does, unless England doesn't win the next two games, which is unlikely.

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Also, Robert Green plays for West Ham, and I support Arsenal, so screw him.
    Not sure if I see the relevance of Arsenal, I support Arsenal too, yet don't share the sentiment for some reason.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  7. #127
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Slim chance, we'd have to beat Algeria and Slovenia by a greater margin than England does, unless England doesn't win the next two games, which is unlikely.
    That's the good part. It's totally within the realm of possibility that the U.S. wins both games and England draws one, or we both win two but the U.S. gets it on differential. Winning would have sealed the deal, but we are in a good position. If we can take first, it would be HUGE for the Round of 16. We would probably face Serbia, whereas we'd probably face Germany as the second team out of our group. Just a SLIGHT difference there. . .


    Not sure if I see the relevance of Arsenal, I support Arsenal too, yet don't share the sentiment for some reason.
    Just a natural enmity between other London-based sides. Not as anger-inducing as Tottenham or Chelsea, but still a rivalry.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  8. #128
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Just a natural enmity between other London-based sides. Not as anger-inducing as Tottenham or Chelsea, but still a rivalry.
    The idea of a rivalary seems preposterous, Arsenal has been battling for championship for the last several years and West Ham barely managed to remain in the Pemier League. I bet nothing but a vulgar tradition and the hooligan culture keeps the enmity going. That's probably a ridiculous over-simplification, yet must be a big part why the two such unevenly matched teams still have something of a bitter rivalry going on.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  9. #129
    Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    That's the good part. It's totally within the realm of possibility that the U.S. wins both games and England draws one, or we both win two but the U.S. gets it on differential. Winning would have sealed the deal, but we are in a good position. If we can take first, it would be HUGE for the Round of 16. We would probably face Serbia, whereas we'd probably face Germany as the second team out of our group. Just a SLIGHT difference there. . .




    Just a natural enmity between other London-based sides. Not as anger-inducing as Tottenham or Chelsea, but still a rivalry.

    There's always a chance... In all honesty the U.S. came off well with that draw and it's only because Green fluffed it. I hope the U.S. do well but its really just a case of how long they can stay in it. I'm sure they'll develop as a team over the years.

  10. #130
    Phantonym
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    BTW, I only watch the Cup for the smokin' hott fooozball players.
    What else could there possibly be to watch...

Similar Threads

  1. World Cup of Hockey
    By mooseantlers in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2016, 09:09 PM
  2. Rugby World Cup
    By Quinlan in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 10-25-2015, 04:01 AM
  3. 2014 FIFA World Cup
    By entropie in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 296
    Last Post: 07-23-2014, 09:13 AM
  4. [SP] SP's what's your favourite FIFFA world cup team?
    By jixmixfix in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 07:39 PM
  5. 2010 World Cup Draw
    By pure_mercury in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-05-2009, 03:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO