User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Default Red Dead Redemption

I reserved a copy (comes out on the 18... a few hours from now). I don't buy games often at all. I'm still only playing Modern Warfare 2. Pretty excited to see how this is though. Who else is getting it?

MBTI
    IsTP

I probably will. Games are getting to be pretty routine, this should be a good change of pace...
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

This seemed like a cool concept but I haven't heard much about it. Demo out?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Don't know much about this game except for the reputation of the game's developers. A GTA in the old west concept sounds pretty cool if done right. I'm waiting for the reviews/game footage before I buy.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INtP

I'm considering it -- which I don't do for many games. I've stumbled onto a couple of sparse reviews (in the "9,5/10", but no more detail) that recommended it, and the developer has a reputation for well-made games. So why not?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTx

I've played maybe an hour and a half's time worth of it so far (picked it up at midnight, man I felt like a geek!) and it is actually quite awesome. Definitely doesn't stray too far from the feel of GTA IV, controls/game play wise, but it is indeed the wild west as opposed to modern day gang warfare/organized crime. Definitely check it out. Missions to do, herbs to pick, animals to hunt, horses to ride, outlaws to chase, and a big world to explore - good times.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Wow, gameplay looks really fun and it seems like they have come up with something original for online multiplayer. IGN gave it a 9.7 out of 10!

Red Dead Redemption Review - Xbox 360 Review at IGN

Now if it would only allow me to play as Kwai Chang Caine and fight like Gordon Liu, I would be at one with myself.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Wow, gameplay looks really fun and it seems like they have come up with something original for online multiplayer. IGN gave it a 9.7 out of 10!

Red Dead Redemption Review - Xbox 360 Review at IGN

Now if it would only allow me to play as Kwai Chang Caine and fight like Gordon Liu, I would be at one with myself.
    I'm upset that there's no tepees... There's injuns, but no tepees.

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I'm upset that there's no tepees... There's injuns, but no tepees.
    :steam: Political correctness :steam:

Actually.. Werent South-western indians in like.. pueblos? I thought Teepes were more among pacific northwestern and plains indians.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    :steam: Political correctness :steam:

Actually.. Werent South-western indians in like.. pueblos? I thought Teepes were more among pacific northwestern and plains indians.
    Well, they could incorporate it all, because this is a made up world after all!

:steam: political correctness :steam:

How sweet would it be to ride up on a camp of tepees at dusk, with their campfire smoke rising?