• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sampling Music

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I used to frequent a music forum and send out music mix CD's of your favourite music. Asked how many people wanted to participate, then send out a selection of your favourite songs to the next person on the list. While this would be less practical here the next idea for those members that wish to participate get listed and then in descending order after enough participated. Post your favourite music track listing you'd be proud to have in your car CD, playlist, in the background at home that impacted your life. And compile the list here or pm the person with your choices and why you like the songs you like using youtube and the like.

Anyone interested in the idea?

A typical CD would have 10-15 tracks so you would be choosing your top 10-15 songs.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
that sounds like it could be fun... I'm always open to being exposed to songs I may never have thought to have listened to... how would the selection process go though? if it's done by people's choice some people may get left out... :thinking:

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
What used to happen when enough people joined, about 10-20. There was a closing period, about a month after the initial interest to give time for people to compile their list of music. Then post it to the person on the list, either descending order or we could make it into a raffle and choose randomly who to compile a list for.

Oh yeah also there was a poll first, people voted what theme they wanted to compile music to such as

Pop
Rock
Electronic
Classic
Metal
RnB

And the one with most votes would be selected as the theme

Then this would happen again every three months or until such a time people lost interest in doing it. Of course there are many more people here too so that would help.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think that leaving the field open would be a better approach... there's some genres there that I'm not really a fan of :laugh:

maybe if someone wanted to draw names out of a hat for matches.... :whistling:

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think that leaving the field open would be a better approach... there's some genres there that I'm not really a fan of :laugh:

maybe if someone wanted to draw names out of a hat for matches.... :whistling:

Yeah that would be cool, out of a hat. :yes:
Ha yeah, the themes were more stylish than those. More options like, 80s themes or 90s themes etc.

Although leaving it open tends to be better, can choose anything and compile your favourites without the pressure of trying to keep to a theme.

Some people couldn't keep to the themes and just went with what they liked most.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
that would be me... I like a large variety... and someone's getting stuck with Walkin on Sunshine :devil:

P

Phantonym

*thinks about the idea* Oh gosh, there are so many to choose from and trying to explain why I like them is like trying to formulate the exact meaning of life. *head explodes*

It's a great idea but I think I might pass this time. :D Ok, I'll have to think about this some more, so I also might warm up to the idea some time in the future. :laugh:

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
My music collection is sometimes sorted by mood -

Songs to dance to, songs to mope to, songs to headbang to, songs for inspiration etc :D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
my music collection is bipolar... ranging from perfectly depressing music like "mad world" to dreadfully cheerful music, like "la guitarra" by los autenticos decedantes :laugh: