• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favorite Musical Instrument(s)

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What is/are your favorite musical instrument(s)?

Uilleann bagpipes

[YOUTUBE="344GQFWcGw8"]Farewell to Sicily[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

smallville

I voted for Piano and Guitar.
I play both, amongst many other instruments. While neither of this is the most beautiful-sounding of instruments (not by a long way), I feel that both are incredibly versatile; much more so than any other instrument I can think of. Most musical styles can be played (to sound convincing) by someone skilled in either.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
cello + violin
drums

The strings and the percussion rouse different parts of my brain + body and never the twain do meet. . . Almost as if two different persons were appreciating the types in turn.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Clavinet Clavinet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (substitute for electric guitars)
Fender Rhodes Rhodes piano - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (electric piano)
Moog Moog synthesizer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (replacing orchestras)

These are the primary keyboards Stevie Wonder used on the first four albums where he had full creative control. He actually popularized them, and then they were used more widely in funk, disco and R&B.

These are some of my favorite intruments too, add acoustic guitar and flute. I especially like the funky clavinet sound used in funk and disco during the 1970's.

My favorite guitar sound/effect is the wah wah pedal that became popular in the late 1960's with artists like Cream and Jimi Hendrix using it alot.

master-G

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
7w8
anything but the saxophone and flute... but mostly the saxophone. every time a hear one i start crying because i feel so sorry for it because it just sounds so bad but doesn't even realize it.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I'd like to learn how to play a harp. Not because of the sound, but just because the instrument is kinda hot.

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
i love the upright bass and play it aswell but the sound of flutes and cellos are great aswell.