User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Default Lady GagGag Sucked!

Until, this kid did something brilliant with one of it's songs.

[YOUTUBE="bxDlC7YV5is"]Bravo![/YOUTUBE]

uh, gaga can play piano on the same song she almost went to julliard, dude.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3R3KqrJAI4&feature=PlayList&p=B813E268088 7D101&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=21]papparazzi[/youtube]

this goes without mentioning that she wrote it

[edit] gonna add my 2c.. she's not the simple dance pop artist you probably see her as. she was into classical, cabaret, goth.. and her biggest influence is freddie mercury. all she's trying to do is bring those styles into dance tunes. listen behind her hooks and melodies.. a lot of parts are not typical dance. so that's why i think she's cool...she's kind of subverting/elevating the genre she's in. yet not going completely off the deep end and being too inaccesssible about it (a lot of great artists try that, and can't be simple and catchy enough).

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Nice info Kdude...

Yeah, I don't care for the "Circus Side Show Freak" elements. Even in this solo piece she looks more like the cover of a "Captain Crunch" box vs. a musician I could ever take seriously.

The kid's simplicity show cases the music, and presents it in a way...the whole world is watching his presentation. In absense of mass media promo, hype, or a Captain Crunch get-up.

A window to the soul

Thumbs up

OMGoodness, that's awesome!!!

Is that the same guitar strumming kid that sang "I am here, you are here, we are here, they are here, everyone is everywhere, there is no out there...."???

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Lady GaGa sux... her piano just numbs the pain...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post

Is that the same guitar strumming kid that sang "I am here, you are here, we are here, they are here, everyone is everywhere, there is no out there...." ?
    Nah, this is a different one.

This kid's name is Greyson, that's about all I know.

Perfect Girl remembered the lyrics to the "You Are Here Song?!?"

I'm going up to NYC to see Sam perform week of July 4th. Hoping a nice vacation change of pace.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post

Is that the same guitar strumming kid that sang "I am here, you are here, we are here, they are here, everyone is everywhere, there is no out there...."???

Lady GaGa sux... her piano just numbs the pain...
    Fair enough. There's a ton of musicians I dislike for stylistic reasons too, but might say.. they have some technical skill to "numb the pain". As for Gaga, I think she has both style and skill, but I wouldn't expect everyone to think the first.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

[edit] gonna add my 2c.. she's not the simple dance pop artist you probably see her as. she was into classical, cabaret, goth.. and her biggest influence is freddie mercury. all she's trying to do is bring those styles into dance tunes. listen behind her hooks and melodies.. a lot of parts are not typical dance. so that's why i think she's cool...she's kind of subverting/elevating the genre she's in. yet not going completely off the deep end and being too inaccesssible about it (a lot of great artists try that, and can't be simple and catchy enough).
    Thank you for sharing the video. I don't listen to a lot of music, but I love piano and I enjoyed that.

I enjoyed listening to the kid, too, but I couldn't help wondering of the girls in the background were newly minted zombies!
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

wow that kid is fucking good
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    This kid's name is Greyson, that's about all I know.
    Yeah, I'm crazy about that "You Are Here" song. I stumbled accross it in the cover songs thread. Sam's songs are pretty good indeed; relaxing.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3R3KqrJAI4&feature=PlayList&p=B813E268088 7D101&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=21]papparazzi[/youtube]

Great info! Seriously, Lady gaga grew on me. I normally HATE the bs they play on the radio, but I did my research on her. Can't judge anything, especially when it's an artist.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?