• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lady GagGag Sucked!

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:) Until, this kid did something brilliant with one of it's songs.

[YOUTUBE="bxDlC7YV5is"]Bravo![/YOUTUBE]

KDude

uh, gaga can play piano on the same song ;) she almost went to julliard, dude.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3R3KqrJAI4&feature=PlayList&p=B813E2680887D101&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=21]papparazzi[/youtube]

this goes without mentioning that she wrote it :)

[edit] gonna add my 2c.. she's not the simple dance pop artist you probably see her as. she was into classical, cabaret, goth.. and her biggest influence is freddie mercury. all she's trying to do is bring those styles into dance tunes. listen behind her hooks and melodies.. a lot of parts are not typical dance. so that's why i think she's cool...she's kind of subverting/elevating the genre she's in. yet not going completely off the deep end and being too inaccesssible about it (a lot of great artists try that, and can't be simple and catchy enough).

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nice info Kdude...

Yeah, I don't care for the "Circus Side Show Freak" elements. Even in this solo piece she looks more like the cover of a "Captain Crunch" box vs. a musician I could ever take seriously.

The kid's simplicity show cases the music, and presents it in a way...the whole world is watching his presentation. In absense of mass media promo, hype, or a Captain Crunch get-up.

A

A window to the soul

OMGoodness, that's awesome!!!

Is that the same guitar strumming kid that sang "I am here, you are here, we are here, they are here, everyone is everywhere, there is no out there...."???

Lady GaGa sux... her piano just numbs the pain...

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Is that the same guitar strumming kid that sang "I am here, you are here, we are here, they are here, everyone is everywhere, there is no out there...." ?

Nah, this is a different one. :)

This kid's name is Greyson, that's about all I know.

Perfect Girl remembered the lyrics to the "You Are Here Song?!?" :wubbie:

I'm going up to NYC to see Sam perform week of July 4th. Hoping a nice vacation change of pace.

KDude

Is that the same guitar strumming kid that sang "I am here, you are here, we are here, they are here, everyone is everywhere, there is no out there...."???

Lady GaGa sux... her piano just numbs the pain...

Fair enough. There's a ton of musicians I dislike for stylistic reasons too, but might say.. they have some technical skill to "numb the pain". As for Gaga, I think she has both style and skill, but I wouldn't expect everyone to think the first.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1

[edit] gonna add my 2c.. she's not the simple dance pop artist you probably see her as. she was into classical, cabaret, goth.. and her biggest influence is freddie mercury. all she's trying to do is bring those styles into dance tunes. listen behind her hooks and melodies.. a lot of parts are not typical dance. so that's why i think she's cool...she's kind of subverting/elevating the genre she's in. yet not going completely off the deep end and being too inaccesssible about it (a lot of great artists try that, and can't be simple and catchy enough).
Thank you for sharing the video. I don't listen to a lot of music, but I love piano and I enjoyed that.

I enjoyed listening to the kid, too, but I couldn't help wondering of the girls in the background were newly minted zombies!

A

A window to the soul

This kid's name is Greyson, that's about all I know.

Yeah, I'm crazy about that "You Are Here" song. I stumbled accross it in the cover songs thread. Sam's songs are pretty good indeed; relaxing.
icon14.gif

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3R3KqrJAI4&feature=PlayList&p=B813E2680887D101&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=21]papparazzi[/youtube]

Great info! Seriously, Lady gaga grew on me. I normally HATE the bs they play on the radio, but I did my research on her. Can't judge anything, especially when it's an artist.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I like Lady Gaga. I also like this song

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfhpp-4I60E"]Men Without Hats - Safety Dance [/YOUTUBE]