• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the lamest song that you like?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Neither of these are lame at all. I even hate Madonna and I like that song.

Hole isn't that lame. C'mon.

Lame is like "Baby Come Back" or

[YOUTUBE="gdcVRueT2cw"]COLGATE NEW MINTY GEL[/YOUTUBE]

P

Phantonym

There are several songs in this thread that I don't think are particularly lame. Does that mean I'm exceptionally lame? Or does it mean that the people who posted the good songs naturally have very lame tastes, and they don't know a lame song from a good one?

"Lame" is a subjective notion. What sounds good to you is horrible to someone else and vice versa.

I find it sad when people feel the need to put other people down just because they don't agree with their choices or taste. And it's even more sad that some people feel that they should feel ashamed for their choices and taste.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Most of the pop music today is 80s sounding electropop mixed with urban music, very very synth heavy in 2010.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
"Lame" is a subjective notion. What sounds good to you is horrible to someone else and vice versa.

I find it sad when people feel the need to put other people down just because they don't agree with their choices or taste. And it's even more sad that some people feel that they should feel ashamed for their choices and taste.

Taste is somewhat subjective but not entirely. I mean there is a reason that rickrolling got started. It isn't because Rick Astley makes timeless songs that still move people emotionally many years later.

YouTube - Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up

P

Phantonym

Taste is somewhat subjective but not entirely. I mean there is a reason that rickrolling got started. It isn't because Rick Astley makes timeless songs that still move people emotionally many years later.

:laugh: Rickrolling got started because some people have the attitude that if something does not meet their standards of what is supposed to be "good", then they have every right to start mocking it.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And if I know it's terrible, and still like it? Why would it be hard to imagine?

KDude

Rick Astley is awesome.

But I thought the rickrolling thing was funny because his appearance doesn't fit the voice. Like at all.

P

Phantonym

Rick Astley is awesome.

I thought the rickrolling thing was funny because his appearance doesn't fit the voice. Like at all.

Yeah, I like him as well. The first time I heard him my jaw dropped. :rofl1:

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
So it's just me and another guy in the lab who happens to like the same music as me (so we hook up my ipod to the lab speakers) and this song comes on - YouTube - Adam & The Ants - Stand and Deliver

My much older brother use to play/sing this song to me all the time when I was a baby and I still just love it! odd looks from fellow lab members and all. :)

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe this one

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-u5WLJ9Yk4"]"Britney Spears"[/YOUTUBE]

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If we're going for Britney here, I'd prefer this one :cheese:

[YOUTUBE="4vvBAONkYwI"]Lucky[/YOUTUBE]

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
God help me, I love this song and this video.

[youtube=zpW6wo8XGk4]Bon Jovi - Lay Your Hands On Me[/youtube]

Made me think of this
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTvgKFbelkw&feature=PlayList&p=369BCA1915C008AA&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=18"]"Lay Your Hands On Me"[/YOUTUBE]

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was just informed that this totally awesome song was lame by several people when they stopped in to grab the jack for the car :dry:

people have NO TASTE!!! :nono:

[YOUTUBE="2IlHgbOWj4o"]totally awesome![/YOUTUBE]

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was just informed that this totally awesome song was lame by several people when they stopped in to grab the jack for the car :dry:

people have NO TASTE!!! :nono:

[YOUTUBE="2IlHgbOWj4o"]totally awesome![/YOUTUBE]

I love that song.