• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the lamest song that you like?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To counter the smugness that permeates the over-rated musical act thread, I thought I would seek some humility and ask all of you to confess what you believe to be the lamest song that, in your heart of hearts, you know you like.

I was provided this idea with a discussion today. As is customary, I will open.

The lamest song I like is Supermassive Blackhole by Muse. :dont:

EDIT: Soul Education by Jamiroquai is probably a close second.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Tracy Chapman- Fast Car

Not that it's lame, but I don't like any of her other stuff and it's nothing like what I usually like, there's just something about it.

KDude

uh.. tracy chapman, muse.. those aren't even bad. i think i shot a little too low with dead or alive :(

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
If I mention radiohead is the forum going to implode?

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
psychosocial - slipknot
YouTube - Slipknot - Psychosocial

I personally don't find the song that lame... but my musically elite friends keep telling me I'm betraying my mostly (punk with a healthy dose of metal/alternative/rock) roots or whatever.

I actually like supermassive blackhole by muse too as well as some of their other stuff, but then again I also listen to alkaline trio... yeah I guess I pretty much listen to whatever the hell I want lame or not. :)

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
If you deem a song to be lame why would you like it?

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ

Well if you're looking at things from a relative perspective then a song wouldn't be "lame" if one likes it, but if you're looking at it from a general consensus then I don't think the individual gets to decide what is and is not lame according to the general populous. So depending on whose doing the defining and relative to what you may or may not have a "lame" song, but either way I personally don't care so long as I like something... Imho if it's playing on your personal ipod or whatever then who cares what the masses think if you are however entertaining a group function with your music selection some consideration for the tastes of others might be in order.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I mention radiohead is the forum going to implode?

Well, Radiohead isn't a song.

Because musical taste is fundamentally irrational. I may find that a song is lame in any way that I can rationalize, but I emotionally and sensorally respond to it positively, and it keeps coming back into my mind.

EDIT: I was distinguishing the irrational mind from the rational mind, but spin was also right in noting the separation of self and the masses OR cultural authorities (either one can put you in a bind).

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
oh come on people... doesn't everyone realize that the lamest song ever is Achy Breaky Heart?! :shock:

[YOUTUBE="OIqMflhH1LY"]lamest song EVER![/YOUTUBE]

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

Well, I rate a song in 4 ways : the melody, the lyrics, the performance of the singer and the music video. A song can be lame in any of the categories but still be good in the others.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh come on people... doesn't everyone realize that the lamest song ever is Achy Breaky Heart?! :shock:

It's incredibly lame, but I don't like it, which is why I didn't mention it. Do you like it?

...Or did you not read the full title of this thread?

Also, the Pina Colada Song may be lamer than Achey Breaky Heart.

that was my thought.

I believe you have your answer.

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
Since papa cyrus was mentioned it's almost a necessity to add "it's a party in the USA" from Miley cyrus. I haaate that song, but a lot of people like it, some girl in the student offices across the hall from mine plays that song on repeat all the time. :(

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Let's keep focus people, this isn't supposed to just be a topic about the lamest song in the world, as that would almost be the opposite of what I'm going for.

I mentioned songs that I thought were lame, but could not deny I liked. I guess I could also add songs that I have no problem with, but everyone else seems to think are lame.

I'll do a number on that simply by saying I own 5 Elton John albums. There was a time when he was one of the most popular acts in the world. But in my time, I can hardly find anyone that doesn't think it's lame as hell to like his work.

KDude

i just figured he meant guilty pleasure.. impossible to like something i actually thought was lame, obviously. the truth is, i'd go to my grave defending "spin me round". :D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
dammit... I didn't read the full title... I HATE Achy Breaky Heart!!! :boohoo:

I DO love this song for some odd reason though! :doh:

[YOUTUBE="L8bSpLKAhKc"]best terrible song ever![/YOUTUBE]