Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Neither of these are lame at all. I even hate Madonna and I like that song.
    Hole isn't that lame. C'mon.

Lame is like "Baby Come Back" or

[YOUTUBE="gdcVRueT2cw"]COLGATE NEW MINTY GEL[/YOUTUBE]

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    There are several songs in this thread that I don't think are particularly lame. Does that mean I'm exceptionally lame? Or does it mean that the people who posted the good songs naturally have very lame tastes, and they don't know a lame song from a good one?
    "Lame" is a subjective notion. What sounds good to you is horrible to someone else and vice versa.

I find it sad when people feel the need to put other people down just because they don't agree with their choices or taste. And it's even more sad that some people feel that they should feel ashamed for their choices and taste.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I so love synth-pop
    We should have a Synth-Pop appreciation Thread, specificially 80s British songs

*goes back to listening to Kajagoogoo*

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    not to mention that people in their late 30s are usually HAPPY when I play Hall and Oates
    We are all "Out of Touch"?
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Most of the pop music today is 80s sounding electropop mixed with urban music, very very synth heavy in 2010.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    INTP

YouTube - Cats 03 The Naming Of Cats

I win!

I often ask cats that seem somewhat happy to see me if they are cherishing their pride.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    "Lame" is a subjective notion. What sounds good to you is horrible to someone else and vice versa.

I find it sad when people feel the need to put other people down just because they don't agree with their choices or taste. And it's even more sad that some people feel that they should feel ashamed for their choices and taste.
    Taste is somewhat subjective but not entirely. I mean there is a reason that rickrolling got started. It isn't because Rick Astley makes timeless songs that still move people emotionally many years later.

YouTube - Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Taste is somewhat subjective but not entirely. I mean there is a reason that rickrolling got started. It isn't because Rick Astley makes timeless songs that still move people emotionally many years later.
    Rickrolling got started because some people have the attitude that if something does not meet their standards of what is supposed to be "good", then they have every right to start mocking it.

And if I know it's terrible, and still like it? Why would it be hard to imagine?

Rick Astley is awesome.

But I thought the rickrolling thing was funny because his appearance doesn't fit the voice. Like at all.