• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What people and things have the most annoying fans?

MBTI Type
INTJ
This is kind of an offshoot of the "most overrated bands" thread. We've all had pop culture works or public figures that we hated mostly because the overzealous superfans were really annoying. These are things we don't like anyway, but the fans turn what would otherwise be indifference or mild dislike into hate.

So...who or what do you hate more than you would otherwise because of who else likes it?

Here's my own list to start us off:

Radiohead
The Grateful Dead
Chuck Palahniuk
The Big Lebowski
Watchmen
Craig Ferguson
Lord of the Rings
The Boston Red Sox
Veganism

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
Richard Dawkins

Noam Chomsky

John Stewart (I don't actually dislike the man, but I get very annoyed when people actually brag that they get most or all of their news from him).

Barack Obama

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Feminism
Organic Foods
NASCAR
Environmentalism
Home-birthing

Undergraduate student groups / College Democrats of America
Video game tournaments
Film Theory
Celebrities
Chiropractics / Alternative medicine
Black and white photography

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
facebook/myspace
twilight
any further into the abyss, and i may never come back

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rush Limbaugh fans
Meat lovers
Hippie haters

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Twilight
Anime
American Idol
Militant vegetarians & vegans
PETA
Harry Potter
Every political party/group
Born-agains
PUA tactics / ladder theory believers

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't concern myself with them enough to hate, but the insane clown posse fans seem pretty repellent.

KDude

This is kind of an offshoot of the "most overrated bands" thread. We've all had pop culture works or public figures that we hated mostly because the overzealous superfans were really annoying. These are things we don't like anyway, but the fans turn what would otherwise be indifference or mild dislike into hate.

So...who or what do you hate more than you would otherwise because of who else likes it?

Here's my own list to start us off:

Radiohead
The Grateful Dead
Chuck Palahniuk
The Big Lebowski
Watchmen
Craig Ferguson
Lord of the Rings
The Boston Red Sox
Veganism

the big lebowski too? :\

the hate is strong with this one.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Feminism
Organic Foods
NASCAR
Environmentalism
Home-birthing

Undergraduate student groups / College Democrats of America
Video game tournaments
Film Theory
Celebrities
Chiropractics / Alternative medicine
Black and white photography

I both agree with and feel indicted by about half of these.

P

Phantonym

I don't do hate. However, I am slightly annoyed and skeptical towards just about everything that over-enthusiastic people consider "super-fantastic-absolutely-OMG!!!!!!!-fabulomaniacally-best of the best of the best thing or a person that changed their life beyond belief and if other people don't think exactly the same then they're just..."bad" (I'll spare the profanities ;))". And I'm not talking about teenagers here. These things include all of the latest fads out there. Overexposure takes the appeal away.

KDude

Wait.. here's one of my own.

MMA (i'm a lifelong martial arts fan, but mma is pretty obnoxious.. in a Cobra Kai way)

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't do hate. However, I am slightly annoyed and skeptical towards just about everything that over-enthusiastic people consider "super-fantastic-absolutely-OMG!!!!!!!-fabulomaniacally-best of the best of the best thing or a person that changed their life beyond belief and if other people don't think exactly the same then they're just..."bad" (I'll spare the profanities ;))". And I'm not talking about teenagers here. These things include all of the latest fads out there. Overexposure takes the appeal away.

This is exactly what I meant. The word "hate" is to be taken with a boulder of salt.

And as long as I'm here, I'll add two that other people mentioned:

Anime
Organic foods

the hate is strong with this one.

Oh, and anything that has anything to do with Star Wars aside from the original film. ;)

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
Wait.. here's one of my own.

MMA (i'm a lifelong martial arts fan, but mma is pretty obnoxious.. in a Cobra Kai way)

A man confronts you, he is the enemy! The enemy deserves no mercy!!! :rofl1::laugh:

KDude

anime and organic foods are pretty cool in my opinion, but i could see how they could get annoying maybe.