• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What people and things have the most annoying fans?

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Twilight :BangHead:
Sarah Palin :wtf:
Preppy :yim_phbbbbt:
He Is Just Not That Into You :doh:

MBTI Type
INTJ
That doesn't really make sense.

Sure it does. There are atheists who are so dogmatic as to be impossible to reason with, just as there are religious people like that.

fun·da·men·tal·ism
   /ˌfʌndəˈmɛntlˌɪzəm/ Show Spelled[fuhn-duh-men-tl-iz-uhm] Show IPA
–noun
(sometimes initial capital letter) a movement in American Protestantism that arose in the early part of the 20th century in reaction to modernism and that stresses the infallibility of the Bible not only in matters of faith and morals but also as a literal historical record, holding as essential to Christian faith belief in such doctrines as the creation of the world, the virgin birth, physical resurrection, atonement by the sacrificial death of Christ, and the Second Coming.
the beliefs held by those in this movement.
strict adherence to any set of basic ideas or principles: the fundamentalism of the extreme conservatives.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Atheism doesn't have a set of principles to be followed. It is just a natural state for a human being not believe in something that has no proof of its existence.

a·the·ism
   /ˈeɪθiˌɪzəm/ Show Spelled[ey-thee-iz-uhm] Show IPA
–noun
the doctrine or belief that there is no god.
disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

Now of course in a situation where God came down from the heavens and demonstrated that (s)he does indeed possess all the power attributed to a god, yet people would deny his or her existence, then it would be possible, but in reality, it doesn't work.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not annoying, but scarily-crazy devoted: female K-pop fans are not to be trifled with.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hi Strawberries! Thanks and I like yours a lot, too, truly.

K-pop is Korean pop music it has a notoriety for having some of the most rabid female fans of anything. Not only for whipping themselves into a frenzy over their idols, but also for doing drastic things to get their attention, lots of letters in blood, that kind of thing.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Atheism doesn't have a set of principles to be followed. It is just a natural state for a human being not believe in something that has no proof of its existence.

I don't want to derail the thread, but I have to address one more thing. Ideally, yes, what you describe is what it means to be an atheist. That's the dictionary definition. And the dictionary definition of a politician is someone elected to serve the best interests of the people. See where I'm going?

The proper logical position for an atheist is, "I see no proof of God, and the collected evidence suggests that a God is highly improbable, so I do not believe." But humans being human, it doesn't always go that way in real life. There are many atheists who come by their atheism through a hate of religion rather than a love of science. And rather than take the tack you describe above, these people accept as a given that there is no God. That is exactly the flip side of fundamentalists who start with the given that God exists and work from there. These people are not hard to find, and they are who Seymour was referring to as "fundamentalist atheists".

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
Hi Strawberries! Thanks and I like yours a lot, too, truly.

K-pop is Korean pop music it has a notoriety for having some of the most rabid female fans of anything. Not only for whipping themselves into a frenzy over their idols, but also for doing drastic things to get their attention, lots of letters in blood, that kind of thing.

thanks vasilisa. :) letters in blood - yowzer. i thought those bieber kids were bad. i read somewhere about a girl using her hair straightener/irons to bieber-brand herself.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
He Is Just Not That Into You :doh:

What I ESPECIALLY hated about that movie (yeah, I know it's a book) is that it tells you all of this crap, and then it has the gall to suggest there are exceptions (the jerk tells her he wants her, she rejoices :sick:).

Nrrrd GrrrL aMe

MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't concern myself with them enough to hate, but the insane clown posse fans seem pretty repellent.
Just wanted to add to this.
I knew a girl who wanted an insane clown posse themed wedding. She had said she wanted the hatchet woman as her wedding ring, and the hatchet man as her groom's ring. She went into further detail, but the whole idea, to me, was.. interesting to say the least.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't want to derail the thread, but I have to address one more thing. Ideally, yes, what you describe is what it means to be an atheist. That's the dictionary definition. And the dictionary definition of a politician is someone elected to serve the best interests of the people. See where I'm going?

The proper logical position for an atheist is, "I see no proof of God, and the collected evidence suggests that a God is highly improbable, so I do not believe." But humans being human, it doesn't always go that way in real life. There are many atheists who come by their atheism through a hate of religion rather than a love of science. And rather than take the tack you describe above, these people accept as a given that there is no God. That is exactly the flip side of fundamentalists who start with the given that God exists and work from there. These people are not hard to find, and they are who Seymour was referring to as "fundamentalist atheists".

Fair enough.

ObeyBunny

MBTI Type
INTJ
[YOUTUBE="OVJhoitEGuc"]Final Fantasy 1[/YOUTUBE]
Anime and Final Fantasy. I can proove it with this G-rated video

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
So...who or what do you hate more than you would otherwise because of who else likes it?

That's a no-brainer! Twilight! Normally I would have no problem with it, but these stupid girls think that "Edward" or whoever he is is just so beautiful and romantic and they start having fantasies about him. HE'S FAKE!! Vampires are supposed to be scary and bloody, not prissy and romantic! Get real! You are not a vampire! vampires are not real! And they never have been!!

The Office. I find absolutely nothing funny about the show and I get extremely P.O'd when people tell me "Oh, well you haven't seen TV until you've seen The Office! I watched like five minutes of the show and felt my brain turning to mush. it wasn't funny, it was STUPID!

Justn Bieber. The kid hasn't even hit puberty yet. Oh, and his music sucks! He's not cute. Stop having fantasies about him.

Metal fans. I've got nothing wrong with heavy metal in itself, just people who tell me I ain't s*** unless I eat, sleep and breathe metal. :steam:

Srho

MBTI Type
INFX
MBTI
Full Metal Alchemist
Fight Club
Tool
Digimon
Star Wars (esp. Episode IV and V)
Half-Life
Monty Python
The Onion