• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fighting stuff and Sherlock Holmes

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whoever saw that movie, feel free to type him. I think he is an xNTP (more so ENTP) and it has been debated that he is an ISTP. Mom says cause of how he fights i.e. thinking it through, implementing. I was like, um, an intuitive can do that too! When I am going to be physically violent, I think about it for a second, then carry it out.

So how do you fight, if at all, as a sensor/intuitive? Do you think it out, or just swing aimlessly? She doesn't think N's can really fight, or at least like that, or aren't interested.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Funny, I just saw part of that movie for the first time yesterday. I say part because I got so bored that I shut it off. This dude is not, so not, an ENTP. In the classic incarnation, he is an INxJ (I say S, but others say N).

When I fight, it's pure instinct. Total reflex. Just like when I play tennis. And I'm quick with it. I can't think 3 steps ahead or I forget what I was thinking about. It takes too long.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hahah, I've thought it out, planned every move on the spot. Knee to gut, throw over the shoulder, punch him while he's down. Sherlock's analysis style is so Ti isn't it???
- PUNCH!! here --> shatters rib --> leaves oponent open for something else.
Future orientated logic, it's definitely NT, and I suspect Ti. I have reason to believe that he's an extravert too, but it's too handwavy and hard to explain.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Saw the movie last weekend. It was not very good. Boring.

P

Phantonym

INTP

Everybody thinks about it for a second when they have a second to think about it. When there's no time, instinct kicks in.

I can fight, I just haven't had any serious reason to get myself into a physical fight.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whoever saw that movie, feel free to type him. I think he is an xNTP (more so ENTP) and it has been debated that he is an ISTP. Mom says cause of how he fights i.e. thinking it through, implementing. I was like, um, an intuitive can do that too! When I am going to be physically violent, I think about it for a second, then carry it out.
Holmes isn't an S. He's an INTP character overall, and though I haven't seen the movie yet from the trailer he seems ENTP.

So how do you fight, if at all, as a sensor/intuitive? Do you think it out, or just swing aimlessly? She doesn't think N's can really fight, or at least like that, or aren't interested.
An N would be much less likely to be interested in action, but that doesn't mean no N likes a good fight, just like the fact few Sensors are interested in typology or politics or what have you doesn't mean none are. Out of Intuitives, ENTPs are the most restless and reckless, and probably the most likely to relish action.

As for an N's fighting style... I doubt we'd think before springing into action, because most often there isn't time for it, but intuitives are likely to improvise a lot during a fight.

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Holmes in the recent film was a fairly blatant INTP, albeit more S than he's usually portrayed. I wouldn't say he's an E - a snarky sense of humor does not an extrovert make. The man is a damn recluse, and is even dismissive towards contact with Watson on occasion (mainly when thinking and trying to deduce facts from evidence). I was quite strongly reminded of L from Death Note, and expected him to start munching on sugar cubes. :tongue:

His fighting style is also very NT-oriented, sizing up and "reading" the opponent, and then considering every possible move before enacting the most efficient ones.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The movie was SO not boring, IMO, but maybe my opinion just sucks :p
Wait, can opinions suck?

Anyway, thanks! My mom would like me to correct that she thinks he is an ENTP, but the fighting scenes were more indicative of how she perceives an ISTP would fight. She would also like to add that her ISTP husband, who used to fight, agrees with her for once.

I thought he could be a reclusive ENTP, in all honesty. If I think about fighting, it really depends on who it is with, I think about the weaknesses, and then plunge for those (i.e. an exposed chest, a breakable elbow, etc etc).