• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Starcraft 2

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
...finally has a release date (July 27). Just thought I'd share that for any old fans.

[youtube=r7d5XheWiBk]Starcraft 2[/youtube]

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Beta was uninspiring. New tech trees basically, slightly more complex so you can make more decisions in the same finite time frame which adds to the skill check, but otherwise it felt very, very familiar. Great for the fans, but as someone who had just a casual interest and enjoyed the original, not enough to bring me back for round two.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Definitely looks interesting, I loved the original!

Question to those of you who played in the beta: Is the pacing of the actually gameplay similar to the original or is it super fast now like C&C3 was? I ask because I hated C&C3's way-to-quick gameplay.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
I'm more looking forward to the campaign and the storyline. Multi-player is so so, just another RTS.

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
I was watching someone play Beta for a little over an hour... looked pretty good. A lot of familiar units which was nice. I can't wait to preorder in a couple weeks and try out the beta.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
This game is going to be sick!! I saw some gameplay and thought it was awesome. Can't wait to see Kerrigan. I wonder how it would be like in Korea when they realease it there. I heard they televised game matches in TV for the first starcraft.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This game is going to be sick!! I saw some gameplay and thought it was awesome. Can't wait to see Kerrigan. I wonder how it would be like in Korea when they realease it there. I heard they televised game matches in TV for the first starcraft.

Go look it up on YouTube. They have sponsors, and the players have managers, and everything else you can imagine about a professional sport...

Exodus

MBTI Type
NeTi
zerg rush is pretty easy to counter these days. I play protoss and generally void ray rush ;)

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Nice. I hope the single player campaign is both lengthy and engaging.

The level of micromanagement needed for competent online play doesn't really appeal to me so much.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Zerg rushing is when you try to skip all the fun parts of the game in order to get to the goal [winning] faster.

So, definitely a J tactic :D

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Cool, I'll rush out and buy this, in a year or two, once the price has come down.