Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Default The highlight of my day...

Jeff Bridges has offered to make Tron 2.0, and I couldn't be more happy. Tron is like one of my favorite movies of all time. It was the movie that The Matrix heavily ripped off from, sugarcoating Tron's idea with an MTV generation appeal.

But Tron was a work of art and a stroke of genius. This movie has deserved a sequel for I don't know how long.

I mean, of course, we had the Tron 2.0 video game, but now we need a new movie.

Now only if Bruce Boxleitner returns at the title character, then the sequel will be perfect. (And they should work in David Warner as Ed Dillinger somehow.)

Here's the exciting news.

MBTI
    INFP

Tron stands as a triumphant movie today in my book. Considering the technology involved to create it then and comparing it to now, I'm quite astounded that Tron doesn't have what I like to call the cheese factor in CGI E.g. Some Computer graphics in a movie have no longevity - it may of looked great then, but it looks awful now. The personification of executable programs, the vast visual landscapes and sonic aspects create a movie that not only flows seamlessly but leaves room for encouragement and cultivation of ones own imagination. Also, Tron has been one of the few movies that has encouraged gaming as fun, challenging and intelligent art.

I have high expectations for the sequel.

On a side note, I recommend viewing Tron at least once stoned. 'Nuff said.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

And in all fairness, the game Tron 2.0 by Monolith was excellent and movie-quality.

MBTI
    INFP

Man, I never got a chance to play that. My roommate did and he said that the "defrag" sequence was one of the coolest things he has ever seen in computer gaming.

I should probably torrent it.

MBTI
    INTJ

Wait, Bruce Boxleitner? Now I'm interested.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
    Wait, Bruce Boxleitner? Now I'm interested.
    It is unknown if he would appear in the sequel. But he did do the voice of Alan/Tron in the Tron 2.0 video game.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Jeff Bridges has offered to make Tron 2.0, and I couldn't be more happy. Tron is like one of my favorite movies of all time. It was the movie that The Matrix heavily ripped off from, sugarcoating Tron's idea with an MTV generation appeal.
    How exactly was the Matrix ripped off of Tron? The Matrix was about a civilization of people inside a computer network, and I think Tron was about personified computer programs that understood/competed for their place in the system.

But Tron was a work of art and a stroke of genius. This movie has deserved a sequel for I don't know how long.

I mean, of course, we had the Tron 2.0 video game, but now we need a new movie.
    This I agree with. I found Tron to be very interesting, because it allowed you to think about computers and what was possible with them. And of course, I like movies that invoke computing/programming metaphors, because I spend more time on computers than in the real world, so it hits home for me a little more.