• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Water sports (...no, not THAT kind!)

Forfe

EDIT: Changed the title a bit, talking about actual sports here.

Anyone do (or used to do) water sports, either recreationally or competitively? And I mean anything from professional diving to leisurly swimming :)

I used to play water polo until I moved to my current city for uni, but it's a small sport here, so there's no big club nearby. Still love most any water related activities though, but I'm not a good enough swimmer to do it competitively :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Well I am a kinky guy and I do have a lot of unusual exper....oh you meant those kind of water sports! :blushing:

I did some scuba diving for awhile. I loved it, but I never finished my certification.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
when I opened this thread I was expecting something totally different.... I use to be on a swim team, but me not being really competive quit. I just like swimming, leisurely.

Usehername

On a mission
I've been SCUBA diving and surfing and loved it. I hate all sorts of swimming and everything like that without a wetsuit. The water is just too cold for me. (And no Canadian teasing: this was true even in Africa!)

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
I swam competitively for years. Now most of my time in the water is spent snorkelling with turtles and barracudas.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:blush: I tend to avoid water sports where I can't wear a life vest because I'm not all that good at swimming- I kind of sink to where my head is a bit below the water and therefore I can't breathe air- not cool. :)

Forfe

another quote

Well I am a kinky guy and I do have a lot of unusual exper....oh you meant those kind of water sports! :blushing:

when I opened this thread I was expecting something totally different....

Riiight, what am I missing here. How on earth can "water sports" be construed as something other than, uh, water sports?

I've been SCUBA diving and surfing and loved it. I hate all sorts of swimming and everything like that without a wetsuit. The water is just too cold for me. (And no Canadian teasing: this was true even in Africa!)

I want to try scuba diving, my step brother recently started doing that and it looks exciting. Anyway, me being in Northern Europe means the water isn't exactly warm here for most of the year either so most of the swimming is in indoors swimming pools.

:blush: I tend to avoid water sports where I can't wear a life vest because I'm not all that good at swimming- I kind of sink to where my head is a bit below the water and therefore I can't breathe air- not cool. :)

You know if you just lie perfectly still on your back, looking straight upwards, you will float. If you also slightly wave your legs once in a while you'll be stable too. :D

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dude... If you didn't know what else it could mean, what was the title supposed to be implying? :confused:

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I use to swim... liked kyaking and all that stuff. Nothing terribly interesting. Sadly, my constitution doesn't like me being outside in the wild so I can't do what I'd really like to do.

The swimming I gave up after competing for a few years. The kyaking... well, didn't ever take up much. I don't get to go up to the lake to do it much. Want to try sea kyaking though... but that's about it now. I find myself at peace when I am out on a lake, up in the mountains... those kinds of natural things.