User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    IsTP

Default NBA PLAYOFFS 2010

Hell yes. I'm an avid basketball fan.

Your thoughts? Who is going to take down the championship? Lebron looks unstoppable, and the Lakers has some pretty lackluster games, i mean, loosing to the LA Clippers on your last game? Lame.

Personally I'm rooting for the Suns, who finished strong and lit up both Denver and Utah, though Utah was missing two starters so it may have been a fluke, it would be nice to see Nash win a title. Also being a jaded ex-Sonics fan I'll be hoping, praying, fingers-crossed that the Thunder can stop the Lakers but that's a longshot.

So who's everybody rooting for?
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    IsTP

I don't believe in the Lakers. I too hope the Suns do something special. The Cavs would be wise not to look past the Magic, the Celtics are washed up, and the Bobcats are scary.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    I don't believe in the Lakers. I too hope the Suns do something special. The Cavs would be wise not to look past the Magic, the Celtics are washed up, and the Bobcats are scary.
    Did the Magic overtake the Laker's season record? I know they were close a week before the end of the regular season.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm not just saying this because I'm a Laker fan, but Phil Jackson's Laker teams always seem to put it on cruise control in the last 10-15 games of the year. I've even been surprised myself in the past at them apparently not caring whether they have home court advantage over certain Eastern Conference teams. Fisher and Kobe have (and Shaq when he was there) always maintained that they aren't super concerned with where they play. They basically say, "Home court is good if you can get it, but it's not everything. We will play anywhere, anytime when the championship is on the line."

I also seem to remember Phil saying some years ago that he thinks it is MORE important to have happy, well rested players at the start of the playoffs than it is to have home court in a series.

So, as a Laker fan, I will objectively say this: On the positive side of things, I really truly do not think they are afraid of any team out there. They truly believe that if it came down to game 7 in Cleveland, that they'd win. And whether they win or not, that's the right attitude to have. On the negative side, I have seen some chinks in their armor this year. They are beatable. And if they aren't on their A game, they could be sitting at home watching the Finals.

Let's go boys! Bring home another ring!
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    Did the Magic overtake the Laker's season record? I know they were close a week before the end of the regular season.
    They did.

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    I'm not just saying this because I'm a Laker fan, but Phil Jackson's Laker teams always seem to put it on cruise control in the last 10-15 games of the year. I've even been surprised myself in the past at them apparently not caring whether they have home court advantage over certain Eastern Conference teams. Fisher and Kobe have (and Shaq when he was there) always maintained that they aren't super concerned with where they play. They basically say, "Home court is good if you can get it, but it's not everything. We will play anywhere, anytime when the championship is on the line."
    This is at least fanboyism at worst delusional. They were trying to win any number of those games that they lost. There were a few when Kobe was in tears on the bench. Lack of effort and concern with positioning was not the cause of this meltdown...

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    INTJ

Don't be fooled. The playoffs bring out the beast in most teams, especially one Kobe Bryant. I'm not a Lakers Fan, but what's stopping them from another Ring? Certainly not any Eastern Conference teams? I think LeBron's going to fall short again. His team isn't that strong. Best record means nothing if you can't win it all. Besides, it's not that hard to get a record like that in the East.

MBTI
    IsTP

Do you actually watch games I wonder...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    Do you actually watch games I wonder...
    I'm taking it that you're not a Laker fan!?

What's so cool about being a Laker fan (and probably a Yankee fan, which I am not), is that you can just set all the chitter chatter aside and say, "Let's just watch the playoffs and let the chips fall where they may". And it often ends very good for Laker fans.

If it doesn't, we chalk it up and go get 'em next year. Man it's good to have such a deep roster and a studly starting five. And a great coach. And a dedicated owner.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    IsTP

How can you not be a Lakers fan? Phil Jackson drives the biggest bandwagon in the NBA!

BTW, I see my Suns managed to be the only team with homecourt advantage that lost their playoff opener... *groan*

... and I just read Suns' bench scored more points then their starters *facepalm*

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    How can you not be a Lakers fan? Phil Jackson drives the biggest bandwagon in the NBA!
    haha! i grew up in LA and i consistently root against the lakers, haha.
    but i would love to see it come down to Cleveland and the Lakers though, that would be some dynamic shit i think. i think everyone has been waiting for that.
    but honestly i would love to see the magic take it all.

how do you guys feel about Denver as a team?
    they were honestly not even on my radar for the longest time, but i have a friend who is a diehard nuggets fan and ihave been paying a lot more attention to them as a result.
    they are a pretty raw team in a lot of ways, unpredictable, but they are really engaging i think. and Melo is huge, i don't know, i can't say enough good things about him.

EDIT-
    oh listen, i meant to mention Deron Williams too. i think i enjoy watching him play as much as anybody in the NBA. he is so focused. he is underrated, i think.