User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    IsTP

The Suns have a real shot
    /Suns fan.

But I think the Celtics will beat the Magic. This is the same team that took them to 7 minus KG last year after all.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Yeah, good luck to you Suns fans. Should be an interesting series. A lot of commentators seem to be saying that the Lakers will trounce the Suns, but I don't see it being a cakewalk. I expect a real challenge from them.

A lot of the commentator stuff that I'm hearing is not that the Lakers are so much better than the Suns, it's more that they think the Lakers create individual matchup problems (i.e., size and length).

I didn't get to see a lot of the Suns this year, but they always strike me as the type of team that can beat any team in the NBA (regardless of home court) on any given night. If your team has a mediocre (or bad) game and the Suns are clicking on all cylinders, you're going to end up in the loss column - and you might even get blown out.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Yeah, good luck to you Suns fans. Should be an interesting series. A lot of commentators seem to be saying that the Lakers will trounce the Suns, but I don't see it being a cakewalk. I expect a real challenge from them.

A lot of the commentator stuff that I'm hearing is not that the Lakers are so much better than the Suns, it's more that they think the Lakers create individual matchup problems (i.e., size and length).

I didn't get to see a lot of the Suns this year, but they always strike me as the type of team that can beat any team in the NBA (regardless of home court) on any given night. If your team has a mediocre (or bad) game and the Suns are clicking on all cylinders, you're going to end up in the loss column - and you might even get blown out.

My take: our starting line up can more or less play theirs to a drawn IMO. I believe our advantage is that our bench will pwn theirs. Here's hoping I'm right, I've taken enough shit over Lebron...

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    My take: our starting line up can more or less play theirs to a drawn IMO. I believe our advantage is that our bench will pwn theirs. Here's hoping I'm right, I've taken enough shit over Lebron...
    I think that's the only way the Lakers lose the series. If what you described happens, Lakers are in trouble.

But, most Laker fans are going to say "the reason we have the #1 seed in the West and the reason we are the defending champs, is because nobody can outplay our first 6."

I think where a lot of people underestimate the Lakers is that they don't realize how mobile they are for being so big. If you count Lamar as a 7 footer (he's so long that he might as well be), they have 3 7-footers who can run the floor almost like guards. I think Van Gundy said "the bigger the Lakers' lineup, they actually get faster!" Take Fisher out (slow) and put in Odom (fast) and they just got bigger and faster. Bynum and Gasol get up and down the court very nicely. Most teams have to put a small lineup on the court in order to be fast. Not so with the Lakers. They can be HUGE and FAST at the same time.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    I think that's the only way the Lakers lose the series. If what you described happens, Lakers are in trouble.

But, most Laker fans are going to say "the reason we have the #1 seed in the West and the reason we are the defending champs, is because nobody can outplay our first 6."
    I would respond that if the Thunder had more scoring they would've lost. And the Jazz just didn't have the size to compete.

I think where a lot of people underestimate the Lakers is that they don't realize how mobile they are for being so big. If you count Lamar as a 7 footer (he's so long that he might as well be), they have 3 7-footers who can run the floor almost like guards. I think Van Gundy said "the bigger the Lakers' lineup, they actually get faster!" Take Fisher out (slow) and put in Odom (fast) and they just bigger and faster. Bynum and Gasol get up and down the court very nicely. Most teams have to put a small lineup on the court in order to be fast. Not so with the Lakers. They can be HUGE and FAST at the same time.
    Gasol is criminally underrated. Before he came to LA it was 1st round and done if they made the playoffs at all and Kobe wanted out. After Gasol they win 77% of their games and are perennial contenders with basically the same roster plus him.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    Gasol is criminally underrated. Before he came to LA it was 1st round and done if they made the playoffs at all and Kobe wanted out. After Gasol they win 77% of their games and are perennial contenders with basically the same roster plus him.
    No doubt about it. I knew Gasol was a stud before he came to L.A. And I think he's only gotten better. I'm not just saying it because I'm a Laker fan, but the guy is a beast on the court.

In basketball, there are only 5 guys on the court at a time (unlike baseball where you have 9 and football 11). If a team adds a world-class player to their roster, they just got WAY better! 1 guy represents 20% of your "on-court" output.

The only other thing I would say about having "the exact same roster as they did before Gasol" is that Bynum has also made a very big difference. When he is totally healthy, I think he is almost as good as Gasol. He's capable of putting up the same type of numbers - 15 and 15 type of numbers. If he stays healthy and continues to work hard, he's going to be one of the best big men in the game for years to come.

MBTI
    IsTP

So people can stop acting all shocked about the Celtics dispatching the Cavs now...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

*stops acting all shocked that the Celtics dispatched the Cavs*

MBTI
    IsTP

Reports saying Bynum's knee getting worse. Yes!!! Thank god for Kobe setting a horrible example by not resting when he should've, got Bynum following his lead... I already thought we had a good shot, this increases the odds!

I've never bought the Bynum hype. He's hurt constantly, and the few times we've gotten to see the fully healthy Bynum, he's been pretty mediocre. I live in LA, and the Laker fans seem to think that he already is what his potential would indicate he could be. But that doesn't seem to be the case to me at all. He has youth on his side, but for right now I'd take a bunch of centers over him.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari