User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    IsTP

He's choking, no other way to say it.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    He's choking, no other way to say it.
    Yeah, I understand that happens. All good players have horrible games. Does it look like he's trying though? That's what I'm not understanding. It looks like there's no will or desire to try to change the outcome in any way. He seems very content.

Have there been reports of problems at home or anything in recent months?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Yeah, I understand that happens. All good players have horrible games. Does it look like he's trying though? That's what I'm not understanding. It looks like there's no will or desire to try to change the outcome in any way. He seems very content.

Have there been reports of problems at home or anything in recent months?
    That's what makes it a choke. If he came out guns blazing and had a bad game, THAT's understandable. This??? To come out and basically sleepwalk your way through a crucial game? When you're the best player walking the planet?

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    IsTP

He's got all his crap packed to sign with whatever franchise waves the biggest contract in his face.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    That's what makes it a choke. If he came out guns blazing and had a bad game, THAT's understandable. This??? To come out and basically sleepwalk your way through a crucial game? When you're the best player walking the planet?

LOL. Classic Reggie Miller photo.

I always thought a "choke" was when you had a chance to win the game and couldn't deliver. Like being down by 1 and going to the line to shoot 2 free throws and missing them both. Or, a wide open jumper at the buzzer and you can't knock it down. Or, you get in the lane and blow the layup.

I thought what LeBron did last night was just a flat-out "no show". But, yeah, either way I won't disagree. He choked. Big time. Luckily for them, they could still win this series. I won't be surprised if he turns it back on and dominates in Game 6. They're quite capable of winning in Boston. And if they do that, they probably win Game 7 too.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    He's got all his crap packed to sign with whatever franchise waves the biggest contract in his face.

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    What's weird is nobody can offer him more money than The Cavs because of the cap rules.

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    LOL. Classic Reggie Miller photo.

I always thought a "choke" was when you had a chance to win the game and couldn't deliver. Like being down by 1 and going to the line to shoot 2 free throws and missing them both. Or, a wide open jumper at the buzzer and you can't knock it down. Or, you get in the lane and blow the layup.

I thought what LeBron did last night was just a flat-out "no show". But, yeah, either way I won't disagree. He choked. Big time. Luckily for them, they could still win this series. I won't be surprised if he turns it back on and dominates in Game 6. They're quite capable of winning in Boston. And if they do that, they probably win Game 7 too.
    I was thinking about this today, and you're right, you have to at least try to choke. It was a no show, but seems worse than that given the talent level of the guy who no showed. Feels like a stronger phrase should apply, I just don't know what...

LeBron had a terrible game, but he's got pressure no one else has. He's the only guy whose team simply cannot win if he has an off game. The Celtics can win if Pierce is off, the Lakers can win if Kobe's off, the Magic can win if Howard's off, and the Suns can win if Nash is off. The Cavs have no such luxury. It's an incredible burden. I will not be surprised at all if he has two great games and the Cavs win the series.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    LeBron had a terrible game, but he's got pressure no one else has. He's the only guy whose team simply cannot win if he has an off game. The Celtics can win if Pierce is off, the Lakers can win if Kobe's off, the Magic can win if Howard's off, and the Suns can win if Nash is off. The Cavs have no such luxury. It's an incredible burden. I will not be surprised at all if he has two great games and the Cavs win the series.
    It's true, Jamison and Mo are failing at the 2nd banana roles. Dwight had a horrible 1st round yet the Magic still swept. Kobe had a less than stellar few games in the 1st round and LA still got it together. The Suns can win if Nash has an off game, but I doubt we could survive an off series from him.

But yes, if Lebron doesn't go Lebron, the Cavs lose, everytime. But this game was different because it wasn't just an off game, it was a game where he wasn't involved. There's a difference between being off, and being passive on both ends. I watched the game, but seeing this video breakdown was still shocking. I've never seen him submit this kind of performance ever...

[youtube=4d-Mnfz6iB0]Say it ain't so?![/youtube]

MBTI
    IsTP

Well. Triple-Double and still a loss. Its shaping to be another Lakers//Magic showdown....

But my fingers are crossed still for my Suns.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...