User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I am not a huge NBA fan, but I do believe that every time the Lakers lose, an angel gets its wings.
    I thought that only happened when Phil Jackson loses a 7-game series.

He's something like 51-8 in playoff series. He's had really good squads, but................come on! That's just ridiculous. We're talking about playoff series - where you are matched up against the very best teams in the league.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    I thought that only happened when Phil Jackson loses a 7-game series.

He's something like 51-8 in playoff series. He's had really good squads, but................come on! That's just ridiculous. We're talking about playoff series - where you are matched up against the very best teams in the league.
    Give Larry Brown those exact same rosters and he'd have the exact same results if not better...
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    IsTP

Fear The Deer!!!!!

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    Give Larry Brown those exact same rosters and he'd have the exact same results if not better...
    What, like 65-3, with 14 championships?

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    IsTP

What, like 65-3, with 14 championships?
    I thought I was supposed to be the literal one here?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    I thought I was supposed to be the literal one here?
    Let's just get back to the basics here:

-Phil Jackson has a "slightly above average" coaching record
    -Kobe Bryant is a "fairly decent" basketball player (by fairly decent I mean that he could probably at least be an effective bench player on most teams)
    -The Los Angeles Lakers tend to play pretty decent basketball (both historically and this year).

I didn't want to overstate anything for fear of being labeled as some *biased and delusional Laker nut*.

But, I'm open to all arguments that the coach, Kobe, and the franchise suck. I could be wrong in my assessment of their abilities.

MBTI
    IsTP

Let's just get back to the basics here:

-Phil Jackson has a "slightly above average" coaching record
    -Kobe Bryant is a "fairly decent" basketball player (by fairly decent I mean that he could probably at least be an effective bench player on most teams)
    -The Los Angeles Lakers tend to play pretty decent basketball (both historically and this year).

I didn't want to overstate anything for fear of being labeled as some *biased and delusional Laker nut*.

But, I'm open to all arguments that the coach, Kobe, and the franchise suck. I could be wrong in my assessment of their abilities.
    I don't recall saying Kobe was anything other than great. Top 2 in the world today overall, #1 at his position.

All I was getting at was with the cast of characters Phil Jackson has had at his disposal (MJ, Scottie, Rodman, Shaq, Kobe, Gasol), if you gave Larry Brown that same cast he'd be equally as successful...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I didn't see the first ~40 minutes of the Cleveland/Boston game (Game 2), but I heard on ESPN that LeBron seemed very passive and lacking a sense of any kind of urgency in the 2nd half. I also noticed, while watching the final 8 minutes, at one point they were down by about 12 (and making a final push) and he just seemed very nonchalant. He was smiling and kind of joking around with a teammate like the whole thing was funny. I have no idea what they were talking about obviously, maybe the conversation was something like:

Mo Williams: Dude, we're getting a beat down at home and there's only 4 minutes left.

LeBron: Ha ha. No doubt. At least we're having fun though.

I'm not saying the guy can't have fun or laugh when he's down by 12 with 4 minutes left in a playoff game, but......................I dunno. Is it just me or am I missing something? I didn't see any fire or any sign of "This is NOT going to happen on our home court! Let's TAKE this from them right now." I saw nothing of the sort.

MBTI
    IsTP

I saw some the game. Saw the beginning when Boston was beating them down, but never saw anything in the middle. They made their push, but I dunno what LeBron was doing. I saw one possession when LeBron got knocked down at the end when Boston scored on a fast break. Mo brought the ball back and LeBron was just sort of sitting there. Then slowly got back up, and slowly walked to the other end and did nothing for the rest of the possession.

He's been a little banged up, at the end of the previous series he smacked his elbow pretty hard on the court, also I think one of his legs is bother him, regardless though I don't understand the way he was acting.

The Phoenix game was way more exciting.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

OK, this is the 2nd game I've seen during the playoffs (Game 5) where the best player in the world just kind of stands around and watches his team get a beat down. I mean, anyone who is watching this game, and the entire city of Cleveland, has got to be thinking, "When is LeBron going to do something?"

I'm not a Cleveland fan, but just knowing that he is the best basketball player on the planet, makes it hard to watch. And I'm not talking about the fact that they are losing. In the NBA, you can lose on any given night. It's the lack of determination to get in the lane, draw a foul. No aggression whatsoever. I just don't get it.

If Kobe had no arms and no legs, he'd still be out there trying to block shots with his buck teeth or something. Find a way to make a difference. Or don't - I don't care.