• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

FA - FarmVille Anonymous

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'm surprised there's no thread for this started already (correct me if I'm wrong, I searched and couldn't find one). So, if you've gotten caught up in the FarmVille craze, this is the place to come and admit to your addiction. Things will be as anonymous as you are anonymous on this site.

It all started for me back when I had a good friend sending me some gifts, so I started it up to send her some back. I had been dedicate to ignoring as many Facebook apps as possible up until that point. It started as that, and then I ended up continue on and on. Now it's an everyday habit, although, I did quit for a week or so. Really, though, the reason I play is for the chance to meet random new people online. You add them for FV, and then you start talking to them. I've made some really good friends that way. If it wasn't for random people adding, I probably would've given up on it a long time ago. Anyway, I've gotta go harvest some raspberries.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dude, just cold-turkey it.
That's what I did.

I only have time for a few FaceBook addictions, and my poisons of choice are Mafia Wars and Vampire Wars right now. I got tired of being tied to my computer to prevent my fake crops from dying....

Then again, you CAN meet some new people who join your gaming circles. I have a few who I started talking to online after they helped me out alot in the games.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Facebook games helped me to meet lots of great people too.

I´m in Castle Age, Mobsters2: Vendetta and Restaurant City.

As for Farmville, I plant seeds which take the longest time to grow, since my schedule doesn´t allow me to look after the crops often. I got there because both my work colleagues and classmates asked me to join because they didn´t have enough neighbours to expand their farms.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I actually keep in contact with several people through Farmville... I joined in the first place because the man wanted an extra neighbor and someone to sent specific gifts... I even made him do all of my farming at first :rolleyes:

I keep my farm super organized, keep a variety of animals (one of each mostly... I have no patience with harvesting a crowd :nono:) and plant things that take several days to mature so that I don't have to mess around with it too often :cheese:

(seriously, it's sad, my aunt and I communicate via farmville :shock:)

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Actually, I strictly avoid any other FB games, and actually, some I don't care to play because of crime and violence such as Mafia Wars. It's so unfair that you either have to shell out a bunch of cash or play Mafia wars to get the best farm machines.

There were times when I just planted long-term crops, and even a time when I quit. I find it kind of relaxing to do planting, plowing, and harvesting, so I went back to it. If I have nothing better to do, I plant short-term crops, and if I'm gonna be busy, I plant the long-term ones. I don't currently have a job, so I've got lots of time. I'm really hoping this job opportunity I went to a preliminary interview for is gonna work out. I think I would really like the job, which seems to be mostly centered around driving a flat-bed truck and warehouse work. If I do start working, that'll mean going back to long-term crops if not quitting.

My farm is centered around planting as much as possible rather than looking pretty. Probably a typical INTP farm, huh? I have lots of crop mastery signs cause of this, and I always get MVP in the co-ops. Now for a couple questions.

Did you participate in any co-ops, and how did it go if you did?

Did you get a FV dog? What did you name it if you did?

I actually keep in contact with several people through Farmville... I joined in the first place because the man wanted an extra neighbor and someone to sent specific gifts... I even made him do all of my farming at first :rolleyes:

(seriously, it's sad, my aunt and I communicate via farmville :shock:)

Actually, I started a second account to gift myself. Then one day I got inspired to change the male farmer into a female. Then I made her my girlfriend as a joke.

My mom is on the computer playing FarmVille and FarmTown and whatever else she likes. I think she's taking things way too far. I limit myself to just FV, so I can play music, read books, do other things online, and generally, just have some freedom in my life while avoiding repetitive stress injuries to my arm/hand. I didn't want to add my mom on FB, so now things are kinda awkward cause she knows I'm on FB playing FV. The parents on Facebook issue is a-whole-nother thread, though, that either has happened or is waiting to happen.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't bother with co-ops because it seems like more trouble than it's worth- I find the basic arranging of my farm and planting of crops to be rather relaxing- having to deal with other people who will probably f^&* things up irks me :dry:

I got a dog, I accidentally clicked ok without remembering to rename it so it's named Spot- I was going to name it dog :sadbanana:

I've played school of wizardry, but when I realized that after a certain point you can't buy anything new it seemed pointless so I quit :thelook:

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
they see me farmin'
they hatin'
and rollin' their eyes
cause I'm playing FarmVille

Haha,you WOULD. It's okay though, I had a brief Mafia Wars addiction (I stopped going to class for about a month) so I understand. Still, as a reformed man, I feel superior.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I don't bother with co-ops because it seems like more trouble than it's worth- I find the basic arranging of my farm and planting of crops to be rather relaxing- having to deal with other people who will probably f^&* things up irks me :dry:

I got a dog, I accidentally clicked ok without remembering to rename it so it's named Spot- I was going to name it dog :sadbanana:

I've played school of wizardry, but when I realized that after a certain point you can't buy anything new it seemed pointless so I quit :thelook:

My dog was named Dog Breath, but then I decided that was stupid. So I bought a new one. I got one on my other account first and didn't realize you could name it. That one ended up spot. I also sold that one and got a new one. The dogs are called Jitterbug (male) and Ziggy (female). I got the names off a list of dog names I found.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I have no dogs.

But co-op seems a good idea: if I can get somebody to harvest my crops and take care of my animals while I am offline, I´m for it. I´m tired of my classmates and colleagues telling me to do so all the time.

It´s been a while since I last logged in to Farmville.

P

Phantonym

I've had a Facebook account for a few years but I've never added any friends there and it's virtually unused.

So, around Christmas time last year I decided to check out FarmVille, everybody was blabbing about it and I was curious. I like all those "tycoon" type games, so naturally I started playing it. They had all sorts of Christmas presents and "Christmas special" plants that grew really fast and brought in lots of money, so yeah, I was addicted in no time. I even ended up creating a few dupe accounts to get the benefits because I really didn't have any interest in socializing. :blush:

I got over it in a few weeks, I go through phases of obsessing over something and then I move on to exciting and shiny new things. :laugh:

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I have no dogs.

But co-op seems a good idea: if I can get somebody to harvest my crops and take care of my animals while I am offline, I´m for it. I´m tired of my classmates and colleagues telling me to do so all the time.

It´s been a while since I last logged in to Farmville.

The co-op thing can be good and bad. Sometimes friends join just to help you, and the game sort of gives them a chance to do you a favor they wouldn't have had the chance to do otherwise. Sometimes, you can't find people to help or people join and don't contribute. The worst thing is when people drop out after looking like they're gonna contribute a lot.

I've had a Facebook account for a few years but I've never added any friends there and it's virtually unused.

So, around Christmas time last year I decided to check out FarmVille, everybody was blabbing about it and I was curious. I like all those "tycoon" type games, so naturally I started playing it. They had all sorts of Christmas presents and "Christmas special" plants that grew really fast and brought in lots of money, so yeah, I was addicted in no time. I even ended up creating a few dupe accounts to get the benefits because I really didn't have any interest in socializing. :blush:

I got over it in a few weeks, I go through phases of obsessing over something and then I move on to exciting and shiny new things. :laugh:

I took a sort of obsessive approach to it at first, but sometimes now I forget what I planted and when it's due. I've had entire fields full of crop loss.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Thanks for the information. Seems that it works the same as Castle Age monster battles.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
You know, if you play Harvest Moon, your virtual plants won't die if you don't water them a day because the game is turned off.