User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    IsTP

Default Last season of "Lost" aka WTF?!

I'm glad this show is ending. I'm one of those who had long since stopped trying to make sense of that shit sandwich of a show after the first few seasons. Watching this last season is just a reminder of why I stopped watching and why I won't miss it when it's gone. The proverbial train wreck I can't turn away from. Good riddance!
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Oh dear.

You didn't understand any of it, did you?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    IsTP

I understood it perfectly. The problem is I expect things to make sense entirely too much for my own good...
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I'm with you on that one, Kendo. I watched about 10 minutes of this season and regretted every minute of it. What started out as an intriguing mystery ended up as an annoying attempt to stretch out the longevity of the show. I hate that show.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I just want you to know that this irrational hatred will not diminish or minimize our deep and lasting friendships in any way, shape, or form...

...even when we're on the island and I have to survive by plotting your painful demise by smoke monster, atomic bomb, drug plane, electromagnetic pulse, excessive amounts of time travel, Dharma Initiative boring training tape, or Machiavellian master plan of Benjamin Linus.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

I dig it! Great characters.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

It's just as good as it always was

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    It's just as good as it always was
    Hrrrrrmmm... the Flex is strong in that one!

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I personally love it. Can't say I'm a huge fan of tv, but I made an exception for Lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    What started out as an intriguing mystery ended up as an annoying attempt to stretch out the longevity of the show. I hate that show.
    That's the strange thing... when Lost was first televised (or actually, when it was first advertised, before the first show aired), I distinctly remember an interview with the producers saying that they had enough material for *six* seasons, which seems like a strange number for them to choose... unless it's true. So I don't really think they're stretching things out -- I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and go with the idea that this was the original arc of the series. It's just... a bit offputting sometimes when the whole premise of the series takes another 180 degree turn.

I enjoy it, but not as much as I used to. Still enough to be interested in seeing how it all plays out. And I do enjoy seeing the old characters (even minor ones) in cameo roles, even if just in the background. It's clear that they put a LOT of effort into that sort of thing.

The only reason I started watching it was that I thought it was a Cast Away-style mockumentary on a group of people who were stranded on an island learning survival skills, etc. (how naive of me, right?). So the "six seasons" interview struck me as sort of unbelievable. Little did I know that the tropical polar bear was about the most sensible thing that would happen... but it is fun and still has a few characters that I like (Hurley, Sayid, Sun and Jin) -- so I'll watch it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]