• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Last season of "Lost" aka WTF?!

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Why does everyone have to insist the island was "real" - they could have been dead the whole time and their souls having this experience together "on the island". Just sayin'
Christian said it was real.

Usehername

On a mission
Why does everyone have to insist the island was "real" - they could have been dead the whole time and their souls having this experience together "on the island". Just sayin'

Because the creators very specifically debunked this theory long ago, so it cannot be true.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
ok, so they all lived on the island after surviving the plane crash and as they moved on they went to the sideways reality while waiting for jack? i'm assuming the ones that didn't follow them into the light from the church were not ready?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the Island was real. It would seem strange to create the sideways universe if they got to leave the Island in Season 4 and live in the "real world". The sideways universe would be another version of that? Why have a Purgatory within a Purgatory?

Usehername

On a mission
ok, so they all lived on the island after surviving the plane crash and as they moved on they went to the sideways reality while waiting for jack? i'm assuming the ones that didn't follow them into the light from the church were not ready?

Christian said their place had no time, so there is no waiting in a place without time.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
well we know how charlie dies and ana lucia. i can't remember the others who died... so when they died, they went to this sideways place? ok ana lucia wasn't in the finale so i guess she didn't make it, but you catch my drift. ;P

when michael left the island, did he really go back to the city he lived in?

not well thought out by the writers imo. just making shit up as they went along. like this.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just read that on Jimmy Kimmel last night Harold Perrineau said Michael wasn't there because he had to remain on the Island as a ghost.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
if claire, kate, sawyer, other dude and pilot made if off the island, why were they in the sideways reality? plus the plane shot at the very end didn't appear "fixable".

"I was definitely entertained for six years. However, I am disappointed because I feel like I never got any real answers about what the island actually was, what was Dharma’s purpose, the numbers, why couldn’t pregnant woman give birth on the island, why did Widmore want it all so much, etc etc etc. We wasted whole seasons on who exactly Ben Linus was, the creepy Russian with one eye, all the psycho Dharma others, the "specialness" of Aaron and Walt, when none of it apparently mattered, and was only 1/25 of the plot. I feel like the writers just got lazy and went with the whole “mythical magical Jacob” vague storyline to explain away six years of intrigue. Loved all the reunions though (especially Shannon and Sayid and Sawyer and Juliet)." -random internet person

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
if claire, kate, sawyer, other dude and pilot made if off the island, why were they in the sideways reality? plus the plane shot at the very end didn't appear "fixable".

"I was definitely entertained for six years. However, I am disappointed because I feel like I never got any real answers about what the island actually was, what was Dharma’s purpose, the numbers, why couldn’t pregnant woman give birth on the island, why did Widmore want it all so much, etc etc etc. We wasted whole seasons on who exactly Ben Linus was, the creepy Russian with one eye, all the psycho Dharma others, the "specialness" of Aaron and Walt, when none of it apparently mattered, and was only 1/25 of the plot. I feel like the writers just got lazy and went with the whole “mythical magical Jacob” vague storyline to explain away six years of intrigue. Loved all the reunions though (especially Shannon and Sayid and Sawyer and Juliet)." -random internet person

Yeah that's it. They kept adding cool stuff, but they lacked the brainpower to pull it all toghether in the end. Sucks to be them.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Christian said it was real.

But, what is real? Real can mean many things ... love itself is intangible yet we say it's real.

Because the creators very specifically debunked this theory long ago, so it cannot be true.

Well, perhaps they weren't being exactly honest ... I mean, their job is to make money, not necessarily uphold integrity in the process.

Indeed. I just think if redemption was the overall theme, what was all the extra stuff for? Exactly? Everyone else's version of redemption?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
^ I am just curious actually ... I'm certainly not going to invest that much time into it ... see why I stopped watching it? LOL!

It reminds me of dissecting literature ... trying to ascertain what the writer's message was, what was the symbolism etc. Sometimes sitting there in classes I would imagine the writer rolling their eyes at the imaginative stuff we all cooked up that was never a part of the vision; the author of each work could never even imagine that people centuries later would misconstrue their message so.

Here though is almost the opposite - the writers seemed to deliberately obfuscate their message, to make the series last on TV as long as possible. It bugs me and I guess I need to get that off my chest.

So, nuff LOSTIE stuff for me. Not going to buy the DVD's for sure!

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I don't think they were trying to make it last as long as possible. If anything, time limits forced them to cut explanations short.

I'm not going to buy any DVDs either. I'll just find a way to get it for free.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
not many shows take as many breaks as lost did, so that mixed with the way they've concocted such a mish mosh of shit and thrown it at us over the last 6 years leaves me to believe that the writer's, cast and crew's heart and soul weren't really into the show possibly after the first few seasons. as for season 6, i stopped watching this show a few years ago because of all the confusion and only just hopped back on board for the last episode so no, i definitely won't be purchasing season 6 on DVD. i'll watch it for free instead if I remember to look for it. :laugh:

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
From what I recall though, the original scripting was planned out for four or max five seasons ...

Like the X-Files ... Chris Carter saying Mulder & Scully would never get together, the show would be a tight five seasons, no more. Sure.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Lost would've benefited from a more BBC-style where the storyline arc has a planned time length from the start.

However, American broadcast television is simply not run that way.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
From what I recall though, the original scripting was planned out for four or max five seasons ...
I've never heard this before. Everything I've heard is that the show could have gone on much longer than 6 seasons (or 100+ episodes).

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
Lost, aka White People on an Island.

it seems that the only black character who gets to go to heaven is rose. and she married a white man.