• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Last season of "Lost" aka WTF?!

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've wondered about this, myself. Wrapped up too neatly, too quickly...Jack is such the obvious choice, maybe too obvious? I don't know about it being Hurley though. Maybe. :thinking:
I only say that because of Hurley's comment about being glad it wasn't him. It seemed odd for the most generous and giving character on the show.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
Since “Lost” itself favors oracular pronouncements, here’s one more: The show had one good season, its first. It was very, very good — as good as anything on television at the time — but none of the seasons since have approached that level, and the current sixth season, rushed, muddled and dull, has been the weakest.
Television - As

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I only say that because of Hurley's comment about being glad it wasn't him. It seemed odd for the most generous and giving character on the show.

There's a difference between giving someone food or $125,000 u have abd endless supply of vs taking on the responsibility of dealing w an immortal badass on an island you never wanted to come back to in the first place and woud have to stay on for centuries until someone murdrs you... and all the while being haunted by your dead.

ISFPs are warm and giving...but they are the opposite of self-sadists.
i thought hurley's comment wasn't abnormal at all.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Last night we flipped past a channel running the first episode of "Lost" and they had it captioned with all the future and past events ... people who came and went etc. I didn't watch it - just for a few minutes - but what a great idea!

I'll look back here with anticipation to see if Losties are happy or pi**ed off with the ending ...

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
DAMN DAMN DAMN

I had the DVR set to record it and planned to start a half hour in so I could skip commercials, but there was a conflict (apparently, How It's Made is a higher priority than LOST) and it didn't start recording. So I just tuned in. Anyone feel like PMing me what happened in the first half hour, if you happen to be online and watching it right now?

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
-So why did the light need to go out before TMIB could leave?
-Charlie was the one who told Desmond about the other timeline, how come he didn't have the same total recall everyone else did until after Claire gave birth?

I know, I know, but still, I can't help but notice...

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
... oh I am so interested to know what you all think about this ending ...

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Highlight to see...

The dog is a spirit guide ...

My interpretation ... everyone was dead, right from the first of the crash ... they needed each other to be able to save each other's souls and cross over to the light ... their collective experiences after death were to fulfill this and now they can move on ... led by the shepherd.

You know, I would love that ending if it really was planned in advance, but I'm not sure how the masses will feel about it. Does it really fit where you all thought the show was going, or even what the show was all about?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I concede to Mac on that point. :)
Impressive!

DAMN DAMN DAMN

I had the DVR set to record it and planned to start a half hour in so I could skip commercials, but there was a conflict (apparently, How It's Made is a higher priority than LOST) and it didn't start recording. So I just tuned in. Anyone feel like PMing me what happened in the first half hour, if you happen to be online and watching it right now?

I don't remember specifically, but it was all about people running into each other back on the mainland and having their memories triggered.

lost.About.com (or whatever their site is) will give a complete transcript sometime tomorrow.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Highlight to see...

You know, I would love that ending if it really was planned in advance, but I'm not sure how the masses will feel about it. Does it really fit where you all thought the show was going, or even what the show was all about?

Not sure how I feel about it, in some ways it feels like a cheat, in some ways not. We certainly got jerked around all over the place over the years.

Spoilers:

But I think that's why Christian said what he did -- that it was all "real." Just because it might not have happened the way we conventionally view reality doesn't mean it "didn't happen," they all worked through what they all needed to work through. And a lot of bizarre elements that were never explained now I suppose could be explained as simply existing so they could work through whatever they needed to deal with.

I lost it every time Kate and Jack got together.

I really appreciated how they funneled out, too, from the opening of the series, ending with Jack talking to his father -- a relationship that was one of the first major plot points in the series -- and then with Jack back on the island back in the same place he started, next to Vincent, at the very end.

Funny how the premise ended up being what a lot of people suggested back in season one... and even Richard's comment about 'we're all dead and are in hell' could be considered apropos. They just took such a roundabout, back and forth way to get there, we couldn't really tell for sure.

But if you look back, yes, it's what the series was about. Note that any time someone "changed" enough or had some point of closure in their lives, they died. They were done working through things and had moved on. I had made that observation by seasons 3-4.

Did Nikki and Paulo show up, lol?

Note: Don't quote the spoiler if you respond, it will show up in the quote.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
^ that's great Jen ... about the closures, til they were all ready, together ...

more spoilers, as above, don't quote or it will show up:

... what was days and years of the show could have been just moments until each was ready to move on, and not everyone was there because they weren't ready, or may have been beyond salvation.

But what about Walt and Michael?

AND - Shannon was there woot!