• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Last season of "Lost" aka WTF?!

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
Did I ever say there were not inconsistencies?
If you want, I could make you a list a mile long of messy spots, conflicts, things that could have been done better.

I'm simply saying that there are other frameworks in which to view this show, compared to the one you've chosen to frame it through. You're limiting yourself to one, fine; but you opened the thread, and if I see other ways to view something, I'm going to damn well say them. Or maybe you just wanted to bitch without having a conversation... do it in a blog, then.

Nice move, btw, in labeling me so you can better dismiss my opinion as irrational/biased.
Very slick.

Getting a mite defensive are we? I don't recall saying you couldn't post at any point. I said it quite clearly, if you don't mind you don't mind. I happen to mind. Furthermore I stated there are people who agree with both of our points of view, as evidenced by the ratings on both sides, those who stopped watching and those who stuck around... Don't know how much more measured I can get than that?

It's ok. Own your fangirlness. I don't think any less of you for it.
Oh dear.

You didn't understand any of it, did you?

I just want you to know that this irrational hatred will not diminish or minimize our deep and lasting friendships in any way, shape, or form...

...even when we're on the island and I have to survive by plotting your painful demise by smoke monster, atomic bomb, drug plane, electromagnetic pulse, excessive amounts of time travel, Dharma Initiative boring training tape, or Machiavellian master plan of Benjamin Linus.
Oh wait, I get it, it's not that you're a fangirl, it's just that I don't understand, I see it clearly now, if somehow my feeble brain were capable of understanding...

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't blame the greatness of Lost for the suck that is Heroes.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Lost just took a great turn. Now the "sidewaysflashes" are actually meaningful. I do have true hope that the writers have a "plan" and that there may actually be a pay-off to the series. I don't even care if it's great, I just want it to be an acceptable pay-off at this point...

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
Lost just took a great turn. Now the "sidewaysflashes" are actually meaningful. I do have true hope that the writers have a "plan" and that there may actually be a pay-off to the series. I don't even care if it's great, I just want it to be an acceptable pay-off at this point...

Agreed, no Sopranos...

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's be a plan.

This season is no different than the rest.

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
i'm feeling speculative on the acceptable type ending. my mind is already blown from how entertaining seasons 4-6 have been. as long as they tie it up without being too subservient to the audience or too ironic, i'll be happy. i have heard from many sources that the writers know exactly what they are doing. i am banking on this. i wanna see some fucking fireworks. i think i will.

Usehername

On a mission
Lost is beautifully juxtaposing the SWR with the island reality. I was notably annoyed by the SW stories for a long while, but it's coalescing nicely, I think.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Lost is beautifully juxtaposing the SWR with the island reality. I was notably annoyed by the SW stories for a long while, but it's coalescing nicely, I think.

Actually, I've felt like the bulk of SWRs have commented or reflected in some way on the unfolding island plot. It was nicely interwoven.

last week's episode was rather blah. Four to go. I'm hoping for something better tonight.

It's ok. Own your fangirlness. I don't think any less of you for it.

Ooooooooo, you big meanie! :steam:

Just because I'm a fangirl doesn't mean I'm biased! ha!

Oh wait, I get it, it's not that you're a fangirl, it's just that I don't understand, I see it clearly now, if somehow my feeble brain were capable of understanding...

Whew. Now I feel better, what a relief! :wub:

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
When the first season of Lost aired, it was like magic. I thought it was fabulous. I guess I bought into a version of the show that was going to be more of a mystery, not a supernatural fantasy. I couldn't watch anymore after the beginning of season 3 ... don't know if I can get back into it. People say it's better ... but I would have too much catching up to do.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm ticked.

I left a spot in my evening to watch the show as it aired... and it was a rerun?
And with all those crazy "liquid TV" blurbs at the screen bottom? They're so distracting!
Disappointed.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've actually said it in another thread, but Lost was so much better in mystery. Too much is being, or attempted to being, explained. And too much mystery, isn't really mystery anymore, but rather "wtf" indeed. It's not even possible to ponder about explanations anymore. First few seasons, the viewer could still take a guess about what might be going on. It was intruiging. Now it's just a show being thought up by kids trying to think up the weirdest possible things they can think off.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've actually said it in another thread, but Lost was so much better in mystery. Too much is being, or attempted to being, explained.

I agree.

While closure brings some sort of internal relief to the viewer, I've invariably found that mystery outlasts resolution, and the answers are never as satisfying as the question. While the purpose of the island is becoming clear and is satisfying on some levels, it's also disappointing and limiting... and some of the other minor points (like who the ghosts were) are disappointing as well.

Although to be fair... people were bitching the whole way through the series run about all the mysteries that were not being resolved. I think a writer is damned either way.

I don't really know a way past this.
If the series ended with everything in mystery, people would complain about it.
We aim our entire lives toward resolutions and revelations that lessen richness in some ways.

R

Riva

And children the lesson to learn in this story is that if you see a man who could take the shape of someone who has passed away by day and turn in to a smoke monster by night you should never talk to him because he is a Demon who had been trapped on an Island for thousands and thousands of years but has managed to escape.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
When the first season of Lost aired, it was like magic. I thought it was fabulous. I guess I bought into a version of the show that was going to be more of a mystery, not a supernatural fantasy. I couldn't watch anymore after the beginning of season 3 ... don't know if I can get back into it. People say it's better ... but I would have too much catching up to do.
I didn't start watching until season 4 started. I refused to watch it before that and only started because I was stuck at home with a broken arm. Season 1 was boring. Subsequent seasons have been more interesting.

I don't expect the show to be 100% without inconsistencies. It's a television show, not a scientific paper.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
My favorite show all time, The Wire, was flawless from start to finish, 5 complete seasons with no plot holes, superb storytelling and characters, so I guess I'm spoiled in that regard.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
My favorite show all time, The Wire, was flawless from start to finish, 5 complete seasons with no plot holes, superb storytelling and characters, so I guess I'm spoiled in that regard.
Crime dramas don't take many risks in this regard, so it's not hard to accomplish.