User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I'm reading what you say, how you say it, and what is insinuated by it. The way people set their feet in a discussion and what they respond to, don't respond to, and how they respond to it is all indicators of stance and purpose to me. Specific content itself (i.e., the specific words and stated ideas) is just one factor.
    That's you and others assuming, and reading into my statements selectively. I repeatedly said, this is how I see it and I don't knock anyone else who sees it different. I went out of my way to point out millions of people fell on both sides of the "debate" so there was no one right answer.
    I don't insinuate. I say what I think.

lol... To me, when you don't specify, you're insisting that your view is a universal standard -- "this is just how it is!"
    I said, "the standard is my own etc..." Someone wasn't "listening".

Anyway, now it sounds like we're both on the same page?
    Agreeing to disagree and enjoying (or not), the ride? Sure.

EDIT: Note I inadvertently used the phrase "to me" twice in this post alone. Yes, I specify... it's part of qualifying things, to me. DARN, THREE TIMES!!! Arrrgg!
    Didn't notice too busy looking at your ass...
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    That's you and others assuming, and reading into my statements selectively. I repeatedly said, this is how I see it and I don't knock anyone else who sees it different. I went out of my way to point out millions of people fell on both sides of the "debate" so there was no one right answer. I don't insinuate. I say what I think.
    Everyone insinuates.

Again, I totally get where you are coming from -- but I see it as an "S" vs "N" thing. EVERYTHING resonates in the world. Words have context, even if you don't mean them to be.

Just like you're looking at this show, at the concrete details, and saying "They do not match." I'm looking at the same details but more focused on the relationship between them, and they DO accommodate each other. MacGuffin stated it all more succinctly than I did; you see pinpoints of data, I see direction and fluidity of the data flow.

Is light a particle or is it a wave?
    Both realities exist at once.

Interestingly, I've had this same debate with just about every ISxP I've run across. After awhile, I caught on. So I'm more opining here just to put the POV in front of you, I don't expect you to agree.

Didn't notice too busy looking at your ass...
    If you think that will save you... it just might.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Fanboy rationalization
    Pfft.

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I don't want kendoiwan to feel all alone in here so ...

I gave up on Lost because I thought I had bought into another kind of show. The rules changed after season 2. The whole premise and set up of the show took another path. Characters that were deeply invested into were killed off (Boone, Shannon) for ... what? When the plot turned to "The Others" and then the other survivors and there was so much crazy stuff going on ... I lost interest in being yanked around like that.

It's just a personal preference; perhaps if I had stuck with the show I would have the satisfaction of it all being wrapped up with a neat bow at the end. But it just took a path I couldn't follow.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

(Boone, Shannon)
    Meh... I hated Shannon with a passion.

I can see why it bothered you.
    To me, it actually was positive: It told me there were no sacred cows.
    Anyone might die, at any time.
    Nothing is certain.

That is actually something I really like.

Although it sucked with Locke.
    He was one of my favorites.
    And his last thoughts? "I don't understand."
    Uggh. Pathos.

(It's sort of like the whole classic arc from old Alpha Flight comics, by Marvel, back in the mid '80's -- the main character was unexpectedly killed off in Issue #12, an established character. I loved that, although I hated to see him go. Then, a number of issues later, he came back and was supposed to be alive, with some cockamamie story about why. It was lame... but just the sort of stuff that comic book writers use to bring back characters, so there was no reason to reject the story as fake. A few issues later, though, we find out it was all a lie, the guy is still dead, and the "fraud" ends up destroying most of the team. It was just classic.)

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

It WON'T be wrapped up in a neat bow. It's to allegorical for that.

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    It WON'T be wrapped up in a neat bow. It's to allegorical for that.
    Which is why I made reference to The Wire, by the end of the show nothing was ever resolved, yet it all made perfect sense without me having to bend myself into a fanboy pretzel...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I like pretzels.
    With lots of salt.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    Which is why I made reference to The Wire, by the end of the show nothing was ever resolved, yet it all made perfect sense without me having to bend myself into a fanboy pretzel...
    I don't find it hard to understand this show at all. That's why I was confused about your OP. This season is no different than the rest.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Meh... I hated Shannon with a passion.
    I didn't like Shannon either ... but as a character they were actually evolving her, with her love for Sayid and then *wham* dead.

I invest a lot into characters when I watch shows or movies, so when they are arbitrarily "yanked around" or start to behave in emotionally inconsistent (or too persistent) ways I feel like the writers are being disrespectful of the reflective humanity in each (even though the characters aren't real people of course.)
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching