First 2129303132 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    ^ I don't know ... maybe just to make it more controversial? Generate more talk and spin? I'm just going from the press statements.
    Whatever. People can be suspicious of anything, if they want to be.

And LOL, taking LOST at face value? That's almost impossible!
    We're not discussing taking content at face value as to its meaning, we're taking official statements and basic writing process at face value. You're mixing the two.

The last scene of Lost in the writers'/directors' minds was Jack closing his eye. That meshes on EVERY level -- whether artistically, writing, actual content of show, whatever. Intuitively, that's likely what was intended, since no other scenario even comes close. There was nothing more to say.

The ending credits is the typical half-assed stuff publishers or companies do to their author's books or director's movies to market / spin them.

And since the exec's have already 'fessed up to adding the pics to help people shift out emotionally during the credits, why do you feel the need to continue to harp about it?

But as I said earlier, interpreting LOST as a soap makes it all make sense. I am at peace.
    If so, then you don't need to keep telling us.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I've watched the final season, despite pretty much losing interest in it at the start of the season. However, although there are some plot twists that still don't make sense in a natural way to me.

I am quite satisfied with the fact it's all just another near death experience. I would have been much more satisfied with an open ending though, where the island and not Jack is at the center.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I am quite satisfied with the fact it's all just another near death experience.

It wasn't, we discussed this throughout the end of the thread.

Only the flash-sideways of Season 6 was anything close to what you're describing... and it wasn't a "near death" experience, it was an "after death" experience.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Actually before death. Therefor near death. He doesn't accept death until the last moment and then he dies. As obviously portrayed, time during the show was not real time. It was the flow of time of someone looking at one picture, and that picture was the show. An emotional rationalization.

Why would it be an after death experience? I don't see any evidence that says that he was in some form of an afterlife. And it is clear that it's all about Jack, all the other 'survivors' were nothing more but figments of his imagination. Parts of the picture he was looking at.

If the show intended it to be an after death experience, which makes no sense to me at all. I would be very dissappointed with the fact they ended up centering it around Jack and not around the Island and other survivors.

Also, Jacks behaviour throughout the last season is that of a dreamer able to influence his own dream. He lets go of all external rules, albeit slowly, and merges himself into the picture, becoming the picture. A person that is slowly awakening from his nightmare, becoming a hero in his own dream.

Wait, why am I arguing this. It's open for interpretation, this is my interpretation. Take it however you will. :P

I just try and place myself in the shoes of the writers. What are they focusing on, why are they focusing on it, what reason do they have to go in certain directions, what are the most logical explanations to their obvious preferences of what they want you to see. My main arguement is that the center of the last season, without a doubt, is Jack. It all evolves around Jack, from Jack. If the island was external to Jack, then the writers would have included multiple endings centering each survivor. Instead, other survivors all 'realize' in order to get Jack to 'realize'.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    And since the exec's have already 'fessed up to adding the pics to help people shift out emotionally during the credits, why do you feel the need to continue to harp about it?
    I don't. I'm the one who first posted that information here actually, as an FYI for those interested. I only added a link yesterday to said information and then answered Guffy's question too.

I wouldn't call that "harping".

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    If so, then you don't need to keep telling us.
    I do sense your irritation with the topic, but it's not my intention to annoy you while working out my own thoughts and feelings on the subject.

I examined and pondered my questions and discovered an explanation I can be satisfied with. This kind of dissonance is something I always feel a need to dissect.

Why can't I say it again?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I found this interesting:

108 Answers to LOST's Supposedly Unanswered Questions

I hadn't given much thought to Jack becoming the Smoke Monster, for one.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

The journey of Lost meant far more than the terribly disappointing destination in the final episode.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Some of snarky responses to the questions are true, some questions aren't really all that important, or just coloring to the story.

MBTI
    IsTP
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

I thought this was already a known thing. I heard that Lost wasn't planned beyond the first season or two back when I was watching it.

Anyhow, five years later, and you're still posting about it...is it safe to say that you have a love-hate relationship with Lost?