User Tag List

First 202829303132 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Interesting. Was that in a rerun or online, or was it specifically the primetime airing in Canada, and which city in Canada, and which station were you watching?
    I only watched it live. I very intentionally stayed away from rewatching it online, and have not seen any alternate endings. I think I watched it on CTV, and it was viewed in a prairie city that I will rep to you.

(Unless they replayed the ending on the Jimmy Kimmel thing after and I'm thinking of that, because I stayed to watch the first 15-20 minutes before I went to bed.)
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

'Lost' exclusive: ABC sets the record straight about the series finale's plane crash images | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times

You know what's kind of interesting: people who liked the first season generally didn't like anything after the second; people who liked the middle seasons generally disliked season 1.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I personally think the images were a bad call, since they were so misleading. If they wanted to help people decompress, they could have put anything in those photos... but since it was executives making the decision, they managed to completely gum up the viewer perceptions by putting something confusing there.

I was fooled by them and was wondering if it meant it had all been in Jack's head, and him ending in the same place he was starting was a way to "reboot" back to the reality that everyone had orignially died.... despite everything his dad had said. (because it's easy to forget specific bits of dialogue a minute later, but the images linger).

You know what's kind of interesting: people who liked the first season generally didn't like anything after the second; people who liked the middle seasons generally disliked season 1.
    Season #1 for any series is usually both a testing ground and also has some of the strong original bits imagined by the writers. Later seasons, things change as the writers and actors fall into a groove and the story starts writing itself, but it also means they are probably into material that was never pre-imagined for the series. Which means there's often an evolution and/or discernable difference from Season 1 to the following seasons.

I happened to like everything about the same...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I wasn't bothered by the plane wreckage images, I got what they were instantly.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I wasn't bothered by the plane wreckage images, I got what they were instantly.
    I was sitting about 20 feet from the TV (it's a decent widescreen but too small for the room), and I couldn't see enough details to tell what I was looking at in terms of specifics, and I couldn't remember if the engine and stuff had stayed on the beach all that time or had been swept away during the course of the series, because it wasn't shown for so many episodes in the series.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

And too, the wreckage looked aged and distressed, not fresh. I'm not sure I totally believe the ABC backpedalling, but ah well, as I explained earlier, I'm feeling more peaceful about the show now ...
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    And too, the wreckage looked aged and distressed, not fresh. I'm not sure I totally believe the ABC backpedalling, but ah well, as I explained earlier, I'm feeling more peaceful about the show now ...
    Backpedalling from what?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

The plane wreck images ... over the credits at the end of the show. ABC execs have said they added them, not the writers / producers.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    What reason would anyone have to lie... especially if the writers have shamelessly ruined the rest of the series for you? Why should they backpedal now and blame execs?

it makes more sense to take it at face value.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ I don't know ... maybe just to make it more controversial? Generate more talk and spin? I'm just going from the press statements.

And LOL, taking LOST at face value? That's almost impossible!

But as I said earlier, interpreting LOST as a soap makes it all make sense.

I am at peace.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching